Palma bus

We have a long day in Palma on the 1st nov as Dream does not depart until 11pm :eek:

I need to get to Palma from the berth and it is:

walk - about 2 miles?

hoho bus - expensive?

local bus no1 - cheaper?

I don't fancy walking and have already tried the hoho bus. Has anyone any experience of bus route 1? It appears to run every 15 mins and cost about 3 euros one way.

We have a long day in Palma on the 1st nov as Dream does not depart until 11pm.

I need to get to Palma from the berth and it is:

walk - about 2 miles?

hoho bus - expensive?

local bus no1 - cheaper?

I don't fancy walking and have already tried the hoho bus. Has anyone any experience of bus route 1? It appears to run every 15 mins and cost about 3 euros one way.

L1 would be ok or walk out the port gates and turn right towards Palma. Don't cross the road or you'll end up going to Palma Nova (unless of course you want to). There is a bus stop just a little way further along and there are other buses all heading into Palma. Most people get off at the Cathedral but you can stay on and go further into Palma. Think all buses go to the bus station. Unsure what the fare is from the port.:)

The bus from the port should only be a few euros and take 5/10 mins depending on traffic. There are a few different buses and they run pretty regularly. A taxi would be about 8 euros, and it would be about 30-40 minutes walk I would expect (depending on how fast you walk!)

Have fun - I always think it's the BEST city in the world :D

Edited by Cloudyrain

We walked along once then spent too much time looking around so were hot and bothered.

We jumped on a bus, only took a couple of minutes and was very easy.........especially as you can see where you want to be!:)

Edited by happy v

Yes the Linea 1 bus which stops at the bus shelter on the turning circle area just outside the port buildings will take you right into the centre. Fare is €3 I think.

Have you a specific plan for the day? As you have a long day there I could recommend a trip on the local bus to Valldemossa - lovely for a couple of hours and scenic journey too. That runs from Palma via Valldemossa to the Port de Soller - you'd have time to go right through to The Port de Soller and break the return journey at Valldemossa - a big advantage of a long day takes off the pressure to get back early. That's the L210 service but you can pick up routes and timetables before you go. There's a good and comprehensive bus service to get around the Island - and cheap too!

Yes the Linea 1 bus which stops at the bus shelter on the turning circle area just outside the port buildings will take you right into the centre. Fare is €3 I think.

Have you a specific plan for the day? As you have a long day there I could recommend a trip on the local bus to Valldemossa - lovely for a couple of hours and scenic journey too. That runs from Palma via Valldemossa to the Port de Soller - you'd have time to go right through to The Port de Soller and break the return journey at Valldemossa - a big advantage of a long day takes off the pressure to get back early. That's the L210 service but you can pick up routes and timetables before you go. There's a good and comprehensive bus service to get around the Island - and cheap too!

Hi Kruzseeker.

How long would it take to get to Valldemoosa on the bus? We arrive early as well and still unsure what to do in Palma. Thanks. Maggie

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Kruzseeker.

How long would it take to get to Valldemoosa on the bus? We arrive early as well and still unsure what to do in Palma. Thanks. Maggie

Hi maggie,

This is the timetable I've picked up - it would be worth checking it's up to date for your travel date

http://www.tib.org/portal/documents/10286/50147/L210%2C%20des%20de%202013.11.01.pdf

but it looks like it's only half an hour. We've only done it going the other way having taken the Soller train to Soller, the tram to the Port then the bus back. But we got off the bus at the Plaza d' Espanya (where the train station is) so I guess that's where you would pick it up going in the opposite direction. The L1 bus from the Port where you are berthed will take you to P. d' Espanya.

Valldemossa is very picturesque and is in the mountains so it's a lovely run.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=valldemossa+pictures&client=firefox-a&hs=U1W&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=AJtOVO_6CMGe7gaL2IHIBQ&ved=0CCUQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=619

Hi maggie,

This is the timetable I've picked up - it would be worth checking it's up to date for your travel date

http://www.tib.org/portal/documents/10286/50147/L210%2C%20des%20de%202013.11.01.pdf

but it looks like it's only half an hour. We've only done it going the other way having taken the Soller train to Soller, the tram to the Port then the bus back. But we got off the bus at the Plaza d' Espanya (where the train station is) so I guess that's where you would pick it up going in the opposite direction. The L1 bus from the Port where you are berthed will take you to P. d' Espanya.

Valldemossa is very picturesque and is in the mountains so it's a lovely run.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=valldemossa+pictures&client=firefox-a&hs=U1W&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=AJtOVO_6CMGe7gaL2IHIBQ&ved=0CCUQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=619

It looks lovely. Thank you for the information and links.

Maggie

Port de Soller might be an option for a sunny day but as it is a saturday there are a lot less buses.

the 210 leaves Palma at 12.30 and takes 1hr 15 mins

the bus back leaves at 16.00

the 211 leaves Palma at 12 noon and takes 35 minutes.

the bus bacK leaves at 15.45 or 17.00

my concern would be that there were too many passengers for the bus :eek:

Port de Soller might be an option for a sunny day but as it is a saturday there are a lot less buses.

I think the 211 is the express which goes via the tunnel which explains why it's faster - but obviously not very scenic! This doesn't go through Valldemossa.

Is this your embarkation day? We've only done this trip on the middle day of a b-2-b so we were able to set off much early and make the most of the day. Perhaps limited objectives would be more realistic. I hadn't appreciated you wouldn't set off until midday or wouldn't have suggested Port de Soller. Valldemossa would perhaps be a better option and would be better too if not so sunny.

Not checked the timetable but if this is the first stop for the return journey and you arrive at the stop about 15 minutes before it is due to go you will have no trouble getting on board as most locals arrive with only a few minutes and less to spare. There will not be many tourists on this bus.

I think the 211 is the express which goes via the tunnel which explains why it's faster - but obviously not very scenic! This doesn't go through Valldemossa.

Is this your embarkation day? We've only done this trip on the middle day of a b-2-b so we were able to set off much early and make the most of the day. Perhaps limited objectives would be more realistic. I hadn't appreciated you wouldn't set off until midday or wouldn't have suggested Port de Soller. Valldemossa would perhaps be a better option and would be better too if not so sunny.

Yes it is embarkation day. The 6am flight from Gatwick should arrive at Palma at 9.30ish. i am counting on getting aboard before 11am. This would mean setting off for Palma centre almost straight away.

I will probably give soller a miss this time.

Yes it is embarkation day. The 6am flight from Gatwick should arrive at Palma at 9.30ish. i am counting on getting aboard before 11am. This would mean setting off for Palma centre almost straight away.

I will probably give soller a miss this time.

Probably for the best. Have a good day - at least you have enough time to do something worthwhile - often arrival times don't give you that opportunity.