Private Cabanas-Royal Palms -Grand Cayman

ciship

We've been to Royal Palms numerous times and finally this year (May '14) decided to rent a cabana. Table & 4 chairs under cabana, 4 lounge chairs directly in front. We (party of 7) had 3 extra lounges for us already setup when we arrived - no charge.

I'll admit - the actual reason I rented the cabana was because it's getting more and more crowded there. The lounge chairs on the beach are within inches of the next and although I like most people, I wanted a bit more space.

There are other places to rent chairs or you can just throw your towel down, but I'm not aware of any cabanas outside of RP.

We've been to Royal Palms numerous times and finally this year (May '14) decided to rent a cabana. Table & 4 chairs under cabana, 4 lounge chairs directly in front. We (party of 7) had 3 extra lounges for us already setup when we arrived - no charge.

I'll admit - the actual reason I rented the cabana was because it's getting more and more crowded there. The lounge chairs on the beach are within inches of the next and although I like most people, I wanted a bit more space.

There are other places to rent chairs or you can just throw your towel down, but I'm not aware of any cabanas outside of RP.

Please clarify; I've seen the "cabanas" in pictures and they are nothing but a square tent, no sides or anything, correct? They are not like the cabanas that you'd find on a private island, little huts with walls, etc., correct?

Please clarify; I've seen the "cabanas" in pictures and they are nothing but a square tent, no sides or anything, correct? They are not like the cabanas that you'd find on a private island, little huts with walls, etc., correct?

I would much prefer the little tiki hut cabanas if anyone knows where I can rent one of those.....but, yes.....the only one I see in the photo is just a tent with no walls.

• 2 weeks later...

Was the excessive number of people normal? For the time of year you were there? Are there times that there may be fewer people crowding the area? Like Fall/Winterish?

Was the cost for the cabana $100 for the entire group, or per person? (On their site is reads $100 each, but I'm assuming that's each cabana and not each person).

Once you had your cabana, were the drinks/food/ expensive?

Was the cost for the cabana $100 for the entire group, or per person? (On their site is reads $100 each, but I'm assuming that's each cabana and not each person).

Once you had your cabana, were the drinks/food/ expensive?

Oooh, that's a good question, I'd like to know, also.

Another question:

If you just do the general entrance($2.00) and rent a lounge chair ($7.00) you get the use of the showers/restrooms/change rooms. Do you get to access the pool also?

100 for the cabana. the entry fee is $3.00 now (we were there the first week in may) and that does allow access to the pool as well as restrooms and changing rooms. the only showers i saw were the outside, rinse off type. to be fair though i really didnt look. we enjoyed the place alot.

100 for the cabana. the entry fee is $3.00 now (we were there the first week in may) and that does allow access to the pool as well as restrooms and changing rooms. the only showers i saw were the outside, rinse off type. to be fair though i really didnt look. we enjoyed the place alot.

Thank you. As to the rinse-off showers, that's fine, just something to do a basic clean up before heading back to the ship is all we need.

Another question - Do you know how much the umbrella rental is? On the Royal Palm website they say the umbrella rentals are not handled by them, apparently a concessionaire, but no price.

• 3 weeks later...

Hanks for clarifying, this might be a front runner for our second time in GC