Signatures and Latitiudes Questions

caviargal

We will be able to book online for these two restaurants next week and I have a few questions.

I have read that in both there is no deviation from the set menu. As I am always watching my diet, I order food prepared without butter, cream or heavy sauces and prefer simple preparations.

I am less concerned about Latitiudes as Asian food in normally not rich but am wondering if we should just skip Signatures? Will they prepare my food sauce free?

Regarding timing, is there more than one sitting at both?

Regarding attire, it seems that Signatures is quite elegant and a sportcoat or suit for my DH will be appropriate. Is this correct?

Also, are the menus the same each night of the cruise in these two restaurants?

Thanks much!

CG

We will be able to book online for these two restaurants next week and I have a few questions.

I have read that in both there is no deviation from the set menu. As I am always watching my diet, I order food prepared without butter, cream or heavy sauces and prefer simple preparations.

I am less concerned about Latitiudes as Asian food in normally not rich but am wondering if we should just skip Signatures? Will they prepare my food sauce free?

Regarding timing, is there more than one sitting at both?

Regarding attire, it seems that Signatures is quite elegant and a sportcoat or suit for my DH will be appropriate. Is this correct?

Also, are the menus the same each night of the cruise in these two restaurants?

Thanks much!

CG

1. I usually take my food as it comes so I have never asked for a deviation from the menu, but my imoression is that they will do their best to cope with your requirements in Signatures. We are going to try Latitudes for the first time even though my wife is vegetarian. We are hoping that, ignoring the main courses, there will be sufficient on the rest of the menu to satisfy her needs.

2. You may choose your table time but there is only one sitting. No one is waiting for your table when you get up.

3. They do ask for jackets for men. Most seemed to wear ties also and there was a sprinkling of dinner jackets (but only a few). In any event, I hope to book for the "informal" night rather than the "country club casual).

4. The menus were always the same but as you are restricted to only one booking per cruise (at least on the one week cruises) it hardly mattered.

5. I find it difficult nowadays to go through each course but a couple on the adjoining table at Signatures couldn't decide which of the choices at each course, so they ordered several of each. they were served without blinking an eyelid!

Just to clarify. As I recall, the menu in Latitudes was fairly set with very few options for the different courses. However, the menu in Signatures had a number of choices for each course. Yes, the Signatures menu itself stays about the same during each week of the cruise, although I recall that there can be a few small changes during a given week.

1.As with the main diningroom[ Compass Rose] you may make your dinner reservation for Signatures at any time during the opening hours, subject to availability. I have seen them 'turn' some tables [those of early diners] but you are not rushed & may linger at your table as you wish. You also may order as many items or courses as you desire. Of course you may ask for your sauce on the side or no sauce at all and you probably will find a grilled choice. My interpretation of 'no substitutions' is that you can't request something not on their menu....or ask them to cook it a different way--- 'oh, would you poach my chicken instead of roasting it'. [These sort of requests are more easily accomplished in the main diningroom.]

I have been on two week and 4 week cruises when they did change the menu at some point but the menu does not change day by day. I don't recall any daily specials but am not certain about this.

Interest in the alternate dining experiences varies from cruise to cruise. If you have greatly enjoyed the experience, then you can waitlist for another night. Sometimes it has worked for us, sometimes not.

The menu is posted outside the restaurant so you can check it out prior to dining.

2.I do not know what Latitudes is doing currently but in our experiences they had one set dinner time [e.g. 7:30pm]....brought a very set menu [like a catering facility perhaps] and served some items 'family style'. I particularly didn't care for 3 different entree items on one plate. The menu stays the same from night to night.

Hope this helps.

Hi Caviargal,

You mentioned that on your upcoming cruise that there are still plenty of cabins available. Where do you find this information? Do you just know the number of cabins remaining, or do you also know which specific ones are still available (like the "select a seat" displays on some of the airline websites)?

Thanks,

Rag

Hi Caviargal,

You mentioned that on your upcoming cruise that there are still plenty of cabins available. Where do you find this information? Do you just know the number of cabins remaining, or do you also know which specific ones are still available (like the "select a seat" displays on some of the airline websites)?

Thanks,

Rag

As of yesterday, all categories had open cabins, except E and H (GTYs only).

Any TA can check specific availability for you, as can RSSC directly.

Good luck!

Thanks!

We are already booked for an "E" on the 12/4 Voyager sailing, just wondering how full the ship is so far. It would be interesting if they had the reserved cabins marked on the deck plans. But I suppose that would give away their hand, regarding folks waiting for last minute deals. I'm surprised the airlines do it.

Rag

Thanks!

We are already booked for an "E" on the 12/4 Voyager sailing, just wondering how full the ship is so far. It would be interesting if they had the reserved cabins marked on the deck plans. But I suppose that would give away their hand, regarding folks waiting for last minute deals. I'm surprised the airlines do it.

Rag

I have never seen the luxury lines offer a last minute deal. These sailings are already substantially discounted (this is the best value time to cruise of the year and why we try and take advantage of that) and they would rather sail with empty cabins than to set a standard for discounting, IME.

Have a great cruise on the new and improved Voyager!

We are presently on the Voyager and dined at Lattitudes the other night. The food and service were impecable, but of course we love most Asian cusine. We are dining at Signatures tomorrow evening and so far the feed back has been very good. I am not a big meat eater or sauce person and I was told that I can request sauces on the side.

I eat a very low fat high protein diet and found out this A.M. they do no carry low fat or no fat cream cheese or cottage cheese. I am sure if you request it prior to your sailing they will have it available.

Caviar is expensive, $110.00 per ounce.....sorry Caviargal. What the heck, I splurged. I am just not used to paying for it on Crystal. The caviar is Sevruga.

The Voyager is in excellent condition and will be even better when she comes out of dry dock.

It's a buck an ounce at the bait shop :D

Way back in the 80's, I visited Moscow while it was still in the USSR, and my buddies and I met some of the local girls. We went out with them to a few nightclubs. While at the nightclubs, the girls thought nothing of nabbing partially finished plates of caviar/fixings off of vacated tables. That somewhat insulted our American manhood :eek: , so we bought rounds of fresh plates of various caviars along with the rounds of vodka. The caviar there was very good, and very inexpensive at the time (even with the bogus official exchange rate).

$110 per ounce??? When did it go up in price? I was on Voyager last year, and it was $25 per ounce!

The price has gone up quite a bit. You can get small tastings for around $25.00. This has something to do with the protection of the Sturgeon <sp?>. They still have a caviar bar where you may purchase different amounts and I will try to get hold of a caviar menu during the crossing and post the prices.

I just looked through my docs for my upcoming PG cruise, and it's selling for $65 an oz on the PG...at least, through the pre-order gift catalog. That seems like a pretty large price disparity between the two ships for the same item!

They do indeed serve caviar [and shrimp cocktail] at the past pax party. I'm not 100% certain but I think I

recall that it also is on a dinner menu one evening, perhaps Capatin's night.

I was looking at caviar in our local stores in anticipation of a holiday party and it seemed to me that prices

have risen sharply...perhaps due to government bans etc. $65 an oz. is not cheap but simultaneously is also

less than the prices in our area stores ....and the caviar here is in glass jars. I recall Regent's being from the

tin, which I prefer.

We're on the Voyager now, in 1025, (so why an I on the computer???? :)) and cannot get the wireless signal. After talking to the "computer guy", he said that the wireless is really only available in the library, internet cafe and the coffee area outside the computer lab - plus hotspots around the ship. After drydock though, it should be available throughout the ship.

By the way - having a great time...the service is impeccable - our butler and stewardess are ever so accomodating! I'm liking this cruise stuff!

Archived