Grandeur- Baltimore snow this week- How was it handled in the past?

Tuesday into Wed. this week is calling for up to 12 inches of snow. Chance of snow mixed with rain on Saturday morning, day of embarkation. I know they will post if any cancellations, but do any of you have any experience sailing out even if lots of snow? If I can get on the ship, I will be happy. Thanks for any input.

No worries the Grandeur will sail all you need to do is get to the port.

Thanks so much! I'm getting dropped off, so I needed to know this! I'm hoping if it stops on Wednesday, they will have Thursday and Friday to clear the major highways.

That happened to us a few years back. The ship left on time in a snowstorm so make sure to allow yourselves extra traveling time to get to the port .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Will do, thanks. I'm coming from Va, so we will be leaving very, very early!

This will be a non-issue for next weekend. It will be well above freezing during the daytime all week so roads should be clear within 24 hours (at most) of the snow ending. Saturday, there's a chance of a mix, but it will not impact you at all. They won't cancel. They have sailed with snow on the ground and all the cars in the parking lot covered.

Tonight (Mon Evening) I just checked a weather website, and it was showing some slight rain in/around Baltimore Sat morning (40%), temps were above freezing. I am heading down from the NY area and as of now am planning on driving down early Sat morning.

I think we will be ok, ship will definitely be leaving, just a matter of us getting there safely!

Bon Voyage.

Tuesday into Wed. this week is calling for up to 12 inches of snow. Chance of snow mixed with rain on Saturday morning, day of embarkation. I know they will post if any cancellations, but do any of you have any experience sailing out even if lots of snow? If I can get on the ship, I will be happy. Thanks for any input.

Gloria- i went out on the Grandeur last January with snow and it is absolutely no problem- it is a ship- not a plane LOL They did close off the doors to the pooldeck for sailaway because it was icy though and very dangerous. No problem at all and they will likely do muster inside as well! That is a definite plus. Enjoy and Bon Voyage! I love the Grandeur and going out of Baltimore is so easy peazy!

My only concern if it snows is how crowded the Solarium will be. I may need to find another quiet place to read.

:-)

plenty of quiet places- the viking lounge is ideal, any of the lounges during the day pretty much. i think you will find a nice place.

Gloria- i went out on the Grandeur last January with snow and it is absolutely no problem- it is a ship- not a plane LOL They did close off the doors to the pooldeck for sailaway because it was icy though and very dangerous. No problem at all and they will likely do muster inside as well! That is a definite plus. Enjoy and Bon Voyage! I love the Grandeur and going out of Baltimore is so easy peazy!

Thanks so much, because this is what I wanted to know.

May I ask another question? I like Lido deck sailaways because of the line dancing. Will they bring the dancing inside? I hope so, because me and cold weather are not friends!! I know I won't be hanging out there in the cold!

We also left during a snowstorm several years ago. There was no issue with us leaving. Have a wonderful cruise!

Thanks so much, because this is what I wanted to know.

May I ask another question? I like Lido deck sailaways because of the line dancing. Will they bring the dancing inside? I hope so, because me and cold weather are not friends!! I know I won't be hanging out there in the cold!

Gloria- absolutely they bring it inside to the Centrum which is located on the 4th floor in the center of the ship with a bar in the back and it is where they have bands play and a dance floor etc- you will have a ball! I know i always do. Lots of dancing on that ship!