Adventure of the Seas and sea sickness

We are booked on Deck nine, port side, aft - only four or so from back of ship. We did not select the cabin when booked (long story). The travel agent says I will feel movement on any part of the ship due to the size but on the two previous cruises we booked in the middle and I could still feel it a little. We have the option to move to deck 8 more mid ship but on starboard side. All of these options have a balcony. Help!!! Any advice? I am seriously have nightmares about this!!! Thanks!

You're on adventure so you won't be sailing very fast since the islands are close together. The seas are usually more calm than other routes, and you get off the ship about every 18 hours. As far as sea sickness goes, the Adventure/southern route is your best bet for a Caribbean cruise. Western is the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Stay with your cabin. We had an aft on Adventure and felt nothing but of course that was just our week. It's a crap shoot on what the seas will be like when you sail. But I do agree with the previous poster that said this is the one ship you won't be going very fast as islands are closer together so you will feel less.

Are you prone to motion sickness? If not I would jot have nightmares about it. If so why not check out all the remedies available, both natural (starting with green apples dipped in salt) to non-natural (like Dramamine)?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off the AOS on a B2B in Feb. Cabin was on 9 Midship Port side. No movement felt except for the LAST day/night when she sped up traveling from Aruba to SJ. Lots of wind and waves that day so that increased the experience. Islands are so close together and you travel at night (well...creep along at night) so we felt no movement during the week. Sailed on her 5 times and the last day/night was the most movement we have ever felt. Had to get up and shut the closet door to keep it from banging...and this was Midship so that should tell you something about the waves that night. Try Ginger Ale...it works for me.

So should we stick with aft on 9? or more mid ship? Decisions...decisions...

I agree with Bob. If you're worried, take the midship. We were on her last week and we had a couple bouncy nights. Nothing to write home about but DW was feeling it one night in the Windjammer.

Sent from my Bat phone using Tapatalk.

I agree with Bob. If you're worried, take the midship. We were on her last week and we had a couple bouncy nights. Nothing to write home about but DW was feeling it one night in the Windjammer.

Sent from my Bat phone using Tapatalk.

I agree. We were on last week too on deck 8 midship.