NCL Getaway - April 12-19 trip pics

TheSeaDragon

I got up early (4 am) on the last day to be on deck as we returned to Miami port. It was a rainy, stormy morning and it matched my mood of depression knowing that we would be disembarking in a few hours.

Here's a short video taken from Deck 8.

[YOUTUBE]Mw2o48hth6M[/YOUTUBE]

Sharp eye! Indeed, the Disney Dooney it's my wife's favorite bag. They came out with a Haunted Mansion edition but it was impossible to find one for purchase.

Disney World is our usual vacation spot.

I am addicted to the bags too! I have the haunted mansion one :D

There is a Small World one now too!

Wow oh wow! We will sailing Getaway in October and these photos I am viewing while we are having a gloomy chilly day have really got my spirits up!

Can you tell me where we would go to sign up for the Behind The Scenes Tour? Also, are children allowed? My 11 year old son would love this tour.

Wow oh wow! We will sailing Getaway in October and these photos I am viewing while we are having a gloomy chilly day have really got my spirits up!

Can you tell me where we would go to sign up for the Behind The Scenes Tour? Also, are children allowed? My 11 year old son would love this tour.

We will also be on the Getaway in October; the Oct 11 sailing. We are very excited and counting down the days. Just got off of the Carnival Sunshine 5 weeks ago and I am in cruise withdrawl now. We cruised the NCL Pearl a few years back and LOVED it. I am so excited about this Getaway! I think the behind the scenes tour would be so very cool as well.

You can only sign up while onboard the ship. We signed up at the excursion counter on the ship. You can also sign up using the excursion form in the cabin or pick one up at guest services. It was $79 per person. Kids are allowed but the price is the same. In fact there was a girl about 8 or 9 years old in our group. She appeared very bored with the whole thing though! LOL.

We will also be on the Getaway in October; the Oct 11 sailing. We are very excited and counting down the days. Just got off of the Carnival Sunshine 5 weeks ago and I am in cruise withdrawl now. We cruised the NCL Pearl a few years back and LOVED it. I am so excited about this Getaway! I think the behind the scenes tour would be so very cool as well.

How did you enjoy the Sunshine? I am thinking about doing that one next

Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos! I have a similar photo of the lighthouse in Nassau and the water was rough and full of whitecaps when we were on the Sun. Yours looks so calm and peaceful.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Beautiful photos! I'll be showing these to my family prior to our Getaway cruise next year.

Were you using any type of lens filter or polarizer?

I need to look at mirrorless cameras when I go to upgrade in the next couple of years...

Thanks! Yes, I used a polarizer for most of the outdoor shots. I literally just picked it up a couple of days before the cruise and had never used one before. I find it just makes the sunny day photos look much better.

I'm extremely happy with my mirrorless camera. I like the fact that it's constantly in "live view" and the same info appears on both the viewfinder and the rears screen.

• 2 weeks later...
I was out on deck each morning that we pulled into a port. Here is a short fun video of the crew setting up just after the ramp hit the dock at St. Thomas. Talk about a well oiled machine!

I don't know if this forum supports Vimeo embedding, but here is a link to the video: Setting up at St. Thomas

That's hilarious! Great photos.

• 1 year later...