POM Parking for Terminal J

rjs7149

We booked a one-way Panama Canal Cruise from LA to Miami in April, 2018 on Oceania. We are Florida residents and plan to drive to Miami, park the car, then fly to LA. There is a parking garage right across from Terminal J (Oceania's terminal). I know it is pricey but the I think the convenience would outweigh the cost.

So - here is the question: If we arrive on April 3 to park the car, there is no ship docked at Terminal J - or, in fact, any of the terminals. WILL TERMINAL J PARKING GARAGE BE OPEN?????

If not, are there any suggestions on other nearby parking options?

I would think the garage is open but maybe contact the port authority to be sure

Other cruise lines use Terminal J

Worse case you drive there & if not open you drive out again & park at the airport

Maybe Parknfly or one of the airport hotels that offer long term parking

We parked at Embassy suites when we did our 30 day cruise ..the rate was less than POM

Edited by LHT28

No ..... bad idea

there are MANY better ways to do this ...... I mean you DO know the per day cost for parking at the pier?

At a minimum I'd go to an off site AIRPORT location

but first would check one way car rentals from where I live to the airport .....

for example, wife and daughter are just now finishing a week in Copenhagen. Two one way car rentals from Melbourne Fl (Port Canaveral) to FLL cost WAY less than parking a car there (FLL) for the week .....

We booked a one-way Panama Canal Cruise from LA to Miami in April, 2018 on Oceania. We are Florida residents and plan to drive to Miami, park the car, then fly to LA. There is a parking garage right across from Terminal J (Oceania's terminal). I know it is pricey but the I think the convenience would outweigh the cost.

So - here is the question: If we arrive on April 3 to park the car, there is no ship docked at Terminal J - or, in fact, any of the terminals. WILL TERMINAL J PARKING GARAGE BE OPEN?????

If not, are there any suggestions on other nearby parking options?

When there is no ship at Terminal J, you may not enter the garage. The left entry lane into the garage is blocked off, and the right entry lane is only accessible for RCCL employees (swipe employee ID to access garage).