Hotel Needed Near Manhattan Cruise Port

cormike1

Can someone recommend a hotel to stay at near the Manhattan Cruise Port? We are flying into LGA. As much as we love NYC we will not be sightseeing this trip, so just a hotel for the night. Thanks everyone.

You don't necessarily need a hotel that's very close to the cruise terminal. Manhattan is relatively small and almost any hotel will be at most a relatively short, inexpensive taxi ride away from the port.

To answer your question it would be helpful to know the exact date you need the hotel, your budget and how many people are in your party.

You don't necessarily need a hotel that's very close to the cruise terminal. Manhattan is relatively small and almost any hotel will be at most a relatively short, inexpensive taxi ride away from the port.

To answer your question it would be helpful to know the exact date you need the hotel, your budget and how many people are in your party.

Thanks for your quick reply njhorseman. There are 2 of us flying in on Feb. 1st and sailing on Feb. 2nd. Any type of Holiday Inn sort of hotel is fine. We don't require a fancy place, just some place that has a restaurant in it or nearby and maybe includes breakfast. A shuttle to the cruise port is also a plus. Thanks for your help!

No cruiseport shuttles. Look at Comfort Inn Midtown West on West 48th. Rates are excellent for next Feb if you book now. Range is $127-149 plus tax for nonrefundable, AAA/Senior, or cancellable with free wifi and breakfast. You can walk to the cruiseport.

I endorse Carol's recommendation of Comfort Inn Midtown West as a good spot for a one night stay that has the bonus of literally being just a stone's throw from the cruise terminal. My son and daughter-in-law spent one night there a year or two ago and said it was quite acceptable. That's a great price for a hotel in Manhattan.

There's also a Holiday Inn Express next door. It has even a cheaper rate of about $112 for a pay in advance nonrefundable room. It too has free breakfast and free wifi. I can't make a recommendation based on personal or family experience, but I'm sure as an HIE property it will be an acceptable place for a one night stay.

While I agree that there's no reason so stay near the cruise terminal, since the OP asked about doing so, let me also throw into the mix the Hampton Inn Manhattan Times Square North, which is on 8th Ave at W 51st Street. Rates for your dates are about $140 (incl breakfast and wi-fi), and less with things like AAA ($118). We stayed there a year ago. Nothing luxurious of course, was fine for a night before the cruise. Easy walk to Times Square/Broadway if you'd like to see the lights at night.

Enjoy your cruise!