Power plugs for ship

spender55

Best to ask this on the Celebrity board. Different cabins have a differing amount of outlets.

In general there will be one or two US 110v outlets, a low powered one in the bathroom (suitable for shavers) and maybe a 220v British or European outlet in each cabin.

Some pax will bring a multi plug. We bring a travel surge protector from Belkin that also has a couple of USB outlets.

We have also brought plug adapters for our dual voltage things- camera, iPhone, Kindle etc.

can someone give me a link to the right adapter for the 220/European outlet. I am clueless for this type of thing. I need to order a new plug for my laptop as well and I"d like to know what to look for so that I can plug it into that 220 outlet - or is that even possible?

TIA!

Debby

can someone give me a link to the right adapter for the 220/European outlet. I am clueless for this type of thing. I need to order a new plug for my laptop as well and I"d like to know what to look for so that I can plug it into that 220 outlet - or is that even possible?

TIA!

Debby

Typically there are two North American style 110V outlets, and one European 220V. No need to buy anything special.

This is an US to Europe adapter. About $4.

Some stores, like REI will sell you just what you need. I have seen plug adapter packs in Walmart for around $20, but I don't need plugs for areas I am not planning to go to other areas of the world.

Cabela's also has them on their website.

How many things are you planning to bring? Rarely is everything plugged in at the same time. We rotate the items plugged in. When they are fully charged or no longer in use they are stowed away.

If your laptop cord states something like 100-240 (110v-240v) all you will need is the adapter plug.

ASK on the Celebrity board. Not all ships have the same outlets. We sail Carnival. Most ships have the European outlet, a few have the UK outlet.

Edited by SadieN

This is an US to Europe adapter. About $4.

Some stores, like REI will sell you just what you need. I have seen plug adapter packs in Walmart for around $20, but I don't need plugs for areas I am not planning to go to other areas of the world.

Cabela's also has them on their website.

How many things are you planning to bring? Rarely is everything plugged in at the same time. We rotate the items plugged in. When they are fully charged or no longer in use they are stowed away.

If your laptop cord states something like 100-240 (110v-240v) all you will need is the adapter plug.

Thanks! I'll have to get a magnifying glass to read my cord - but I know I need to order a new one, so I'll check for that when I buy one.

We'll both have kindles, my laptop, camera, and hopefully a battery charger for the bigger camera. I realize it can be rotated - but I bet both kindles and the camera will die at the same time!!

Just realized - I won't be using the cell phone on board - maybe just in port, so I probably don't need to worry about it. Just want to be prepared if I need to order. I don't know what else my friend will be taking, but she's not as addicted to tech as I seem to be!!

Thanks! I'll have to get a magnifying glass to read my cord - but I know I need to order a new one, so I'll check for that when I buy one.

We'll both have kindles, my laptop, camera, and hopefully a battery charger for the bigger camera. I realize it can be rotated - but I bet both kindles and the camera will die at the same time!!

Just realized - I won't be using the cell phone on board - maybe just in port, so I probably don't need to worry about it. Just want to be prepared if I need to order. I don't know what else my friend will be taking, but she's not as addicted to tech as I seem to be!!

All of these items will work properly whether plugged into 110 or 220. You'll just need the adapters for the 220.

You can go to Walgreens, RadioShack, wherever and buy an assortment for only $5. It will have every adaptor needed for wherever you travel in the world.

I'd take both an EU and a British adapter plug. I've had both types available on different ships. It's not that expensive to have both and they take up no room/weight. I do individual plugs rather than those big multi-adapter plugs. It's just me.

I carry both the polarized and non-polarized versions so I can take my choice a little further...

All of these items will work properly whether plugged into 110 or 220. You'll just need the adapters for the 220.

You can go to Walgreens, RadioShack, wherever and buy an assortment for only $5. It will have every adaptor needed for wherever you travel in the world.

Our local RadioShack wanted $13 for a plug adapter. Way too much $.

Our local RadioShack wanted $13 for a plug adapter. Way too much $.

Radio Shack is rippin' you off. Go to the REI in Rancho Cucamonga and buy them for $4 for the non-grounded, $7 for the grounded versions…

Or, go to Magellans website and buy them for a little cheaper (they are on sale right now).