Pre cruise ft lauderdale accomodations

Sea Legs

Suggestions on where to stay close to the port please.

We like two places:

The Embassy Suites on 17th St.

http://www.hilton.com/search/es/us/FL/fort_lauderdale

and the Renaissance, also on 17th St.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/fllbr-renaissance-fort-lauderdale-cruise-port-hotel/

Both are minutes from the cruise port and walking distance from restaurants, shops and a water taxi station.

I did a little write up of the general areas in FLL and some of the hotels are available in each area- it's in my Oasis Review linked below in my signature.

17 th st is a good spot- but very ordinary hotels can have very high prices on embarkation days for the larger ships (Friday, Sat, Sun) on those days airport hotels will run less, and are really not very far at all from port (10-15 minute cab ride including traffic and cab security check at port)

We stayed at the Renaissance and found it to be much more like a Fairfield brand hotel but priced higher than that brand usually is, so I would prefer to pay less at the airport, or pay more and enjiy the beach hotels!

Suggestions on where to stay close to the port please.

We enjoy the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 Marina. Usually ask for a tower room facing the port. Great views of your ship coming in. Grille 66 Restaurant is a good on site waterfront restaurant with views of the mega yachts at the marina. There is also a Water Taxi stop on site. Maybe a 5 minute cab to the port as it is pretty much across the street. Some rooms are better than others so act like a European and ask to see the room first. We always have a good time in Ft. Lauderdale.:D