5:00pm to 9:00

sunsandsip

Going to be in Aruba February 2016 from 1:00 to 10:00. We have an excursion booked from 1:00 to 4:30 and are looking for something to do after excursion. We want to do some shopping but have read most stores close at 5:00😢 is there anything we should not miss or just go back to the ship? Don't want to pay for dinner when we can get it free on the ship but would really like to find something else to fill up our day. I'm thinking it will probably get dark around 5:00 is it safe her after dark? Thanks for any suggestions!

We spend several weeks in Aruba every Feb. The weather is sunny and glorious! Sunset that time of year is usually around 7:45. Most of the downtown stores close around 6:00, but there are places around to get a drink and sit and people watch or just look at the beautiful scenery. It is safe to walk around town after dark, just use the same precautions that you would use at home.

I would walk around the pier area. Some places will be open and the walk around there is nice.

Keith

Yes, when I said that it was safe to walk around downtown, I was referring to the front street along the water where the ships dock. Sorry, I should have been more clear on that.:rolleyes:

So happy to hear it doesn't get dark until 7:45! Thanks for the info

If you are on the ship or around the waterfront area around that time, you should be able to see a beautiful sunset. We try to time our outdoor dinners around sunset time.

Wow..what a horrible itinerary! It's safe enough, but just not a good time to enjoy Aruba the way most think of it, with sunshine and beaches!

Actually, I would love this itinerary. I would head to the beach for the afternoon, then go back to the ship to shower and change, then head out to one of my favorite restaurants to enjoy dinner and watch the sunset. I would probably be one of the last ones back on the ship.

• 3 weeks later...
Actually, I would love this itinerary. I would head to the beach for the afternoon, then go back to the ship to shower and change, then head out to one of my favorite restaurants to enjoy dinner and watch the sunset. I would probably be one of the last ones back on the ship.

This is exactly what we wanna do, but don't know where to go.