Any one ever stay on the Oslo Deck on Sun?

patca

Has any one stayed in an Ocean view cabin on the Oslo Deck on the Sun? It looks like it is in between the two levels of the theatre. Is there a lot of noise in these cabins? Is there a problem getting around the ship?

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Has any one stayed in an Ocean view cabin on the Oslo Deck on the Sun? It looks like it is in between the two levels of the theatre. Is there a lot of noise in these cabins? Is there a problem getting around the ship? Thanks for any info you can give me.

The Oslo Deck cabins are usually more quiet because there's far less through traffic on that deck because the deck is fairly short in length and the elevators skip it. You will have to use the stairs to reach the International Deck to go anywhere. It is not between two levels of the theatre. The Promenade Deck for most of the ship about a deck and a half tall, to impress us with relatively tall ceilings. Towards the front of the ship, the Promenade Deck ramps downward, which allows room for the Oslo Deck (an additional deck) to be added.

Thanks for the responses. From the deck plan I thought it was aft of the theatre, but somewhere it states that it is forward, so your explanation has helped. I guess it should be nice and quiet there. Pat

Just booked a couple days ago ... ( inside gty).... and ended up with a cabin on the Oslo deck.

Has anyone been on the Oslo deck?

It looks like there is no elevator access to that area of the ship. Anyone know exactly where it is located and how many stairs there are?:confused:

Just booked a couple days ago ... ( inside gty).... and ended up with a cabin on the Oslo deck.

Has anyone been on the Oslo deck?

It looks like there is no elevator access to that area of the ship. Anyone know exactly where it is located and how many stairs there are?:confused:

As I recall the stairwell is a half stairwell, there is no turnaround half way down/up. Its located by the lobby by the forward elevators and stairwell since that deck is in the forward part of the ship.

I found this photo the shows where the Oslo Deck is located best.

UpcloseNorwegianSun.jpg

The Promenade Deck is the open deck on the right, towards the left you can see oval holes in the ship's hull. Above it is the Oslo Deck, and above it is the International Deck.

All access to the Oslo Deck is from the International Deck. The short stairway to the Oslo Deck is to the sides (port and starboard) of the forward main stairway.

Thanks for the reply Don. I have knee issues and dont do stairs. Wonder what my chances are of being relocated?? :rolleyes:

Oh well ..... who stays in their cabin anyway. :D

I would think that if you don't do stairs that NCL would have to move you...but I would deal with it now and not on the day of sailing.

I read somewhere that it's only 5 steps or so but don't quote me on it. BTW, I believe we're on the same cruise on the Sun and we're on the Oslo deck as well :)

Edit: Looks like another thread said a full flight of stairs but there are tons of hand rails. Either way, it's a very quiet deck and everyone seems to love it.

Thanks for the reply Don. I have knee issues and dont do stairs. Wonder what my chances are of being relocated?? :rolleyes:

Edited by pr0pel

Thanks for the responses. From the deck plan I thought it was aft of the theatre, but somewhere it states that it is forward, so your explanation has helped. I guess it should be nice and quiet there. Pat

The theatre on the Sun is at the ship's stern, while the Oslo deck is located near the bow. You'll be (almost) as far from the theatre as it's possible to get and still be onboard.

we've just stayed on Oslo in oceanview 6218.

very quiet but more like ten steps than five. could have counted them but never even thought to as we are two steps at a time people but I'm sure it was maybe five double steps.

If you have trouble with steps then maybe not a great idea, especially if the ship encounters rough weather as we did on our last day at sea.

pete

Pete - My friends are staying in 6218. We are in 6223. How did you find the accommodations? I've read that some of the rooms are getting shabby. How were the beds and pillows? Storage? Thanks Pat

Pete - My friends are staying in 6218. We are in 6223. How did you find the accommodations? I've read that some of the rooms are getting shabby. How were the beds and pillows? Storage? Thanks Pat

we liked the cabin. It's certainly not large but with two large cases and two wheelie carry-ons, we had no trouble with space. All the bags fitted under the beds, and there was planty of space for us in the cupboards.

Bathroom very beige but gee, it's a bathroom where I went to read the Daily :D and have a shower

Bed was the comfiest out of four cruises including a verandah suite on HAL. A really good memory foam overlay.

Pillows ok, but then I sleep on a latex pillow, so nothing like that. Had no trouble sleeping.

Not at all shabby, just not flashy. Goes for the ship in general. People are saying it's looking tired but not sure what they mean. When we cruised on Infinity a few years back it was far more worn and was much newer comparitively. Maybe noticed a couple of places where the joins in the carpets were a little apart but nothing dangerous.

All in all, Sun was a lovely ship. What cruise ship isn't:)

We had a torn valance in our verandah suite in HAL so doesn't matter what you pay :)

Thought the towels were really good - big and fluffy, quite surprised actually

Hope your friends like 6218 as much as we did

If you check out our travelpod blog (link in sig below), there's some cabin and ship photos through the pages of the cruise (27/08 to 08/11)

pete

pete

Edited by newfarmers

• 6 years later...

HI~

We are looking at staying on the Oslo deck and am worried about getting seasick as it looks close to the front of the ship. Did any of you feel any rocking or rolling?

Also, we will be staying in 6109....does anyone know if this is close to the theater or the Stardust lounge?

As I recall the stairwell is a half stairwell, there is no turnaround half way down/up. Its located by the lobby by the forward elevators and stairwell since that deck is in the forward part of the ship.

Thanks

Thanks for the responses. From the deck plan I thought it was aft of the theatre, but somewhere it states that it is forward, so your explanation has helped. I guess it should be nice and quiet there. Pat]

The cabins are on the opposite end of the ship, theater is aft cabins are forward. No you are not at all near the theater as quoted in two prior posts.

I'm not sure we're all talking about the same cabins. There are cabins in the bow on Oslo and a set of cabins in the stern. It's only been two months since I actually visited the ones in the bow, but I can't remember whether they were on the same level as the rest of Deck 6 or not. According to the deck plans https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/sun/deck-plans , it's the ones in the stern that aren't served by the elevators. Those are indeed right below the theater.

FYI, if you are in a cabin near the bow, be aware that the windows face the promenade. During the daytime, people walking by can't see in easily, but if they move up close to the window, it is possible to see in. At night, it's a clear view as they walk by. Also, your view out the window is very restricted because you're looking across the promenade and through one of those holes in the side of the ship.

Edited by FredZiffle

I'm not sure we're all talking about the same cabins. There are cabins in the bow on Oslo and a set of cabins in the stern. It's only been two months since I actually visited the ones in the bow, but I can't remember whether they were on the same level as the rest of Deck 6 or not. According to the deck plans https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/sun/deck-plans , it's the ones in the stern that aren't served by the elevators. Those are indeed right below the theater.

FYI, if you are in a cabin near the bow, be aware that the windows face the promenade. During the daytime, people walking by can't see in easily, but if they move up close to the window, it is possible to see in. At night, it's a clear view as they walk by. Also, your view out the window is very restricted because you're looking across the promenade and through one of those holes in the side of the ship.

Not sure what you are talking about. Even the deck plan you link to does not show any cabins in the aft end of the ship until you get to deck #8 (Viking), which is above the theater.

Oslo deck is known as deck #6A, since it is between deck #6 (promenade) and deck #7 (international). It is only in the forward part of the ship.

The cabins you speak of that face the promenade are on deck #6 (promenade), the Oslo deck outside cabins are at the ship's side.

For those with mobility problems and are booked on the Oslo deck, we used to have a policy (it's been 9 years since I worked the Sky) where you would be given a pass to use the crew elevator that serves the Oslo deck. The Oslo deck is down a half flight of stairs from deck #7. Deck #7 is up a ramp from deck #6 in this area.