ncl book safe travel plan

sunbeach1

be very leary of buying the book safe travel protection plan i have heard before they deny claims,but just found out hard way when my wife was put in hospital they denied claim for pre-existing condition which is bull and guess what norweigan stands behind them.

Many plans have an exclusion for pre existing conditions. Not familiar with NCLs plan, but there are way better options out there for travel insurance anyways.

I believe the vast majority of folks that buy insurance have no idea what is, and what is not covered. They just feel good they are "covered".

SIDE NOTE: One of big reasons some people buy a policy (sub consciously) is they do not want to miss the ship/cruise. Guess what? Not one single policy will fix the problem of flight delays that cause you to miss the ship, and it leaves without you. Might help financially, but will NOT fix this problem. When it leaves, it leaves.

Next biggest reason is some folks say "this cruise is a lot of money, I can not afford to pay and not go". Again, guess what? They can afford to go. They already paid for the cruise and apparently CAN afford it. Not going will actually cause alot less as all those add on charges will not happen. What they may not be able to handle is the mental issues of paying for something and not actually using it. Valid point, but financially they can afford it.

(medical evacuation, etc is another story of course)