Norwegian Gem from New York Average Age Group

GemApril2015

hello, we will be on the Gem from New York on 4/15/2015 for 9 nights eastern Caribbean. Just wondering what the average age group of passengers is likely to be...we are 33 and 28 and wondering will we be the only around this age or will there be a good mixture of all ages, thanks

hello, we will be on the Gem from New York on 4/15/2015 for 9 nights eastern Caribbean. Just wondering what the average age group of passengers is likely to be...we are 33 and 28 and wondering will we be the only around this age or will there be a good mixture of all ages, thanks

not sailing on this particular sailing

but my wife and i were 34 when we sailed.

though you might not have seen me because I'm extra lazy when it comes to cruises, usually means I'm not moving around at all.

mm it was all over the place actuallyl

i'd say avg age if you exclude all the teens was probably closer to 40s.

but i will submit that my wife and i were really keeping more to ourselves as oppose to actively looking for other people.

that being said there were always some 30 yr olds sitting at maltings bar when i went to grab a drink.

i didnt' do much of the night life.

Hubby and I have been on the Gem twice (were both in our 30s) and we notice lots of people in this general age group particularly because there are often lots of families on board. I'd say that 7-15 year-olds and 25-45 year-olds were extensively represented each time.

Thanks xenagurl. Were you happy with the cruise in general. This will be our first ever cruise

Yes, we were really looking forward to getting back on the Gem after the first time. We were there at the beginning of 2012 and January this year. Both times we enjoyed the ship, shows, food and ports of call.

Awesome! I think that you'll love your first cruise, but as you're leaving from NY and not until next year you always have time to switch over to the Breakaway. Personally I think that for a first cruise the size of the Gem is just right. :)

Was on gem 9 night in january while school was in session. All age groups well represented. On behind scenes tour they had the average age of passengers for that cruise posted. It was 47. All activities like white hot party , etc were quite fun and lively!

Went on this cruise April 2013 for my honeymoon. I'm 36 & wife is 31 & we're from NYC. People of all ages on this ship...from families with babies and kids, all the way to some really old people that look like they would be lucky to live until their next cruise. LOL

You'll have a good time...make sure you have at least a balcony room if not better.

I'm going on the Breakaway next month to Bermuda.

Won't be looking to mingle too much either just didn't want to be only ones in our 30's had heard else where it was a cruise for a very older generation. Thanks for your reply

We did this same cruise in 2012. We saw very few "very older generation" type people. It was a good mix of all age groups.

This is of special interest for me too. We will be on the Gem in May of 2015 and it is nice to know that there will be passengers that are young for our 19 and 23 year old daughters and over 30 passengers for us parents.

Looking forward to the Gem.

We spend a lot of time on the Gem (as you can see in my signature) and I would have to say that we are on the older side and I am okay I will say it.. 62 my husband turns 64 tomorrow. There is always a great mix of younger people.

What was weather like last week. We are heading this week next year

Well last night there was rain snow and ice, the day before it was beautiful and warm and it's going to be In the 50s-ish for a few days, weather in ny is crazy and hard to predict so who knows what next year will be, hopefully it will be beautiful!

Also, I love the gem! I'm 27 and both times I've been on that ship had a great time!

We were on the Gem last month. There was a GOOD mix of people of all ages. I think NCL always has a good mix of different age ranges. I would say most of the people we talked with (and hung out with) were in the 30's to 50's age range. We're in our 50's, so it was all good.

Of course there were all age ranges, from infants to folks in their 80's and maybe 90's.

You'll have a great time.