Double points for solo travelers?

Leo_On_Geo

Hi,

I just learned that last October 2013, RCCL initiated double loyalty points for solo travelers in the Crown and Anchor Society. As a solo traveler, I want to know will Azamara also award double points for solo travelers (I am leaving next month)!

Lisa

QUOTE FROM RCCL WEBSITE

"In my short time here, the Loyalty Team, consisting of Lauren, Randy, Sonia, Sylvia and myself, have already heard great ideas from our Crown & Anchor Society members about how to improve our program and make it even more exciting. Today we are very happy to announce that one of those ideas has come to life. We are offering additional points for Crown & Anchor Society members that sail with our Single fare price rate in double occupancy staterooms. This means that if you sail by yourself on a 7-night Caribbean cruise, you’ll receive 14 cruise points instead of 7. If you sail by yourself in a suite, you’ll not only receive the double cruise points, but also the additional cruise point per night, which could equate to earning 21 points on a 7 night cruise. This policy was implemented on all sailings that departed on or after October 4, 2013."

I just learned that last October 2013, RCCL initiated double loyalty points for solo travelers in the Crown and Anchor Society. As a solo traveler, I want to know will Azamara also award double points for solo travelers (I am leaving next month)!

Neither Azamara nor Celebrity award double Cruise Points to solo travelers... Points earned between the two lines--but not Royal Caribbean--do however cross accumulate...

Enjoy your trip!

We are all still waiting for them to roll out their rewards for the new top levels. It was promised several times in the past, but to date, no news.....

I sailed Azamara for 28 nights earlier this year at Discoverer Plus level in name only [and even then and not that it mattered, they weren't equipped to print the new membership levels]...

It's gone on way too long! And thus far, a reduction in Cruise Point accrual [for most; relative to the Captain's Club Cruise Credit conversion formula used last November] is the only effect of the change at Azamara... Gee, thanks!

I sailed Azamara for 28 nights earlier this year at Discoverer Plus level in name only [and even then and not that it mattered, they weren't equipped to print the new membership levels]...

It's gone on way too long! And thus far, a reduction in Cruise Point accrual [for most; relative to the Captain's Club Cruise Credit conversion formula used last November] is the only effect of the change at Azamara... Gee, thanks!

I agree. We sail a B2B this August and do not expect anything. That way we won't be disappointed

It would have been less complicated and more equitable to earn points based on the price paid per cruise. As it stands now, Celebrity cruisers earn substantially more points for a veranda stateroom and the premium paid by Solo travellers is not acknowledged.

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Lisa

QUOTE FROM RCCL WEBSITE

"In my short time here, the Loyalty Team, consisting of Lauren, Randy, Sonia, Sylvia and myself, have already heard great ideas from our Crown & Anchor Society members about how to improve our program and make it even more exciting. Today we are very happy to announce that one of those ideas has come to life. We are offering additional points for Crown & Anchor Society members that sail with our Single fare price rate in double occupancy staterooms. This means that if you sail by yourself on a 7-night Caribbean cruise, you’ll receive 14 cruise points instead of 7. If you sail by yourself in a suite, you’ll not only receive the double cruise points, but also the additional cruise point per night, which could equate to earning 21 points on a 7 night cruise. This policy was implemented on all sailings that departed on or after October 4, 2013."

Happy Days I am sailing on the 1 September for 12 nights so I'll get double double points which means I'll become a Diamond+ member...soooo happy

Happy Days I am sailing on the 1 September for 12 nights so I'll get double double points which means I'll become a Diamond+ member...soooo happy

Sorry!!! see post #8 from Bonnie- NO double points on Azamara for Solo Travelers