Craft beer lover in Bar Harbor and Portland

Ocala Cruisers

I just did a Google search for microbreweries in Bar Harbor. You can do the same for Portland.

I found the following for Bar Harbor:

Atlantic Brewing Company

15 Knox Road

Bar Harbor, Maine 04609

207-288-BEER

http://www.atlanticbrewing.com/home

Bar Harbor Brewing Company

8 Mount Desert St

Bar Harbour, Maine 04609

207-288-4592

http://www.barharborbrewing.com/

http://www.barharbormagic.com/breweries-pubs-taverns.html

Bar Harbor Bars, Breweries, Pubs & Taverns which lists:

Carmen Verandah Club

119 Main Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609

207-288-2766

Carmen Verandah has the largest dance floor in Bar Harbor, a game room with pool table and television for watching sports. We are located right on Main Street overlooking the Village Green.

Open Mon-Fri 4pm - 12:55 am; Sat & Sun: Noon - 12:55 am; Serving Food Daily til 9 pm

Geddy's

19 Main Street, Bar Harbor, ME 04609

207-288-5077

http://www.geddys.com/

Popular restaurant with bar located on the north end of Main Street in Bar Harbor near West Street, right across the street from Agamont Park • Open Year Round 7 days/wk (except Thanksgiving & Christmas)

Dog & Pony Tavern

Located in the center of Bar Harbor just one block from Main Street, Cottage Street, and the Village Green, we have 2 full bars (1 inside, 1 ouside), a beer garden, and a comfortable restaurant. Open to 1:00 am daily

Lompoc Café

Lompoc Café has been Bar Harbor's best kept secret for over 20 years. We have talented professional musicians performing every Friday & Saturday night. On Thursday nights during the summer, we have Open Mic night.

Rupununi

Idealy located in the heart of Bar Harbor next to the Village Green, Rupununi has a full bar and quality restaurarant serving the best seafood and great fish specials daily. Restaurant serves 11 am - midnight; Bar closes at 1 am.

Thirsty Whale Tavern

We offer fine spirits and lighter fare within the heart of Bar Harbor, Maine on Cottage Street. Open Mon - Sat 11 am - 1 am; Sun Nonn - 1 am.

prost_002.gif

Bar Harbor Brewing Company has (or at least this week) had beer tastings and is walkable. Atlantic has both beer and wine tastings, but is not walkable. (I've heard, from my kids, that their BBQ is great also).

Rupununi's is in the process of being remodeled and as of Friday had opened, but they now have a new name (which I can't remember).

Geddy's has a new menu ... Had lunch/dinner there twice last week, turns out that 5 of the servers are from Bangor and we've known them for years ... a great bunch of people!!!

You should be able to try all sorts of local beer's wine's etc. (Winterport Winery has some very interesting local wines). Jan

Within walking distance of the dock in Portland:

Gritty McDuff's

3 Dollar Deweys

Sebago Brewing

The nationally renowned (in micro-brew circles) Great Lost Bear has 70+ craft brews on tap, and some fine appetizers. It is a cab ride, but well worth it, if you are a serious beer snob. GLB gets some Sam Adams specials that no one else in New England outside of Boston get, because of their variety and reputation. The Shipyard Brewery is downtown as well, and they have tours.

Edited by chengkp75