Is QV going to be RMS or Ms?

marinearchit

I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but does anybody know if she will be RMS Queen Victoria or Ms Queen Victoria?

Yes, here (and its technically MV, I'm not sure HMQV would have had much to do with 'Ms' - I'm sure she would have been 'Mrs';)):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=461037

And no:

Email message from Cunard:

Dear Gary:

No, the Queen Victoria will not be given the official designation of "Royal Mail Ship.". This designation was given for ships who carried the mail on a regular basis and Queen Mary 2 was given this designation in more of an honorary sense.

Kind regards,

Jackie Matthews Manager, Public Relations Cunard Line 24303 Town Center Drive, Suite 200 Valencia, CA 91355-0908

here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:MS_Queen_Victoria

Peter

FWIW, Wikipedia has cast its vote for MS Queen Victoria.

'FWIW' indeed! It also believes in strange creatures called 'MS Mauretania' - and it contradicts itself by having MV Arcadia.

To quote Stephen Card:

Vessel is definitely the correct word.... in English anyway.

The definition of 'ship' is ... a three-masted sailing vessel with square sails carried on all three masts.

I suggest she be named the UPS Queen Victoria, the "Usurper Q.V".

Richard,

Surely a 'usurper' implies 'replacement' - are you suggesting that the QV in any sense 'replaces' the QE2? And wouldn't it be the 'USP'?

Peter

Now I know they want this ship tp hark back to the glory days, but Ultra Paddle Steamer? I ask you, they have gone too far this time.

:p

She might go a bit faster if she was fitted with paddles as well:D

Yes, here (and its technically MV, I'm not sure HMQV would have had much to do with 'Ms' - I'm sure she would have been 'Mrs';)):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=461037

And no:

Email message from Cunard:

Dear Gary:

No, the Queen Victoria will not be given the official designation of "Royal Mail Ship.". This designation was given for ships who carried the mail on a regular basis and Queen Mary 2 was given this designation in more of an honorary sense.

Kind regards,

Jackie Matthews Manager, Public Relations Cunard Line 24303 Town Center Drive, Suite 200 Valencia, CA 91355-0908

Peter

Mind you I find it most dissapointing that a ship which godmother is the very famous Hyacinth Bucket does not have the predicat "Royal"

Cunard is not what it used to be anymore!!;)

Thank you for the profiles of the new "ship". I suggest she be named the UPS Queen Victoria, the "Usurper Q.V".

Funny, I called QM2 the 'usurper' when she first came out, as she shoved QE2 out of the US market.

IF there is no "royal" reference in the name of the QV (quo vadis?), the FOH Bucket will probably be more comfortable on the QM2, although I hope the bucket will get a few trips on QE2 as well.

Kathy

Archived