Banana daiquiri look out

CheckersMidwest

I have read in some reviews that there is a look out kind of place, up high in St Thomas that you stop & get out for photos but there is a booth with the world's best banana daiquiris. I think.

Anyone have info on this ? How do we get there (taxi?).....price for 4 people....how long does it take.....etc.

Also, are there any little side of the road type souvenier places along the way ?

I really want to go to Mountain Top. Last year, in St Thomas, we went to Magen's Bay first and then planned to take a taxi to Mountain Top from there but we couldn't find a taxi that was willing to take us there.

Does anyone have any advice or do we have to take a ship excursion to get there. My 7 year old is very scared to try the sky ride up so that probably isn't an option.

I really want to go to Mountain Top. Last year, in St Thomas, we went to Magen's Bay first and then planned to take a taxi to Mountain Top from there but we couldn't find a taxi that was willing to take us there.

Does anyone have any advice or do we have to take a ship excursion to get there. My 7 year old is very scared to try the sky ride up so that probably isn't an option.

Oops the sky ride is at Paradise Point so ignore that part :)

I have read in some reviews that there is a look out kind of place, up high in St Thomas that you stop & get out for photos but there is a booth with the world's best banana daiquiris. I think.

Anyone have info on this ? How do we get there (taxi?).....price for 4 people....how long does it take.....etc.

Also, are there any little side of the road type souvenier places along the way ?

Godfrey's tours includes a free drink. otherwise I think it's $9 pr $10. Great views too.

I always use Bernards...his tours are fun!! You get the best of both worlds... a little shopping, the mountain top for THE BEST BANANA DAIQUIRI in the world!!!! and you can choose a beach. We went to Magens bay last year...hoping to do that in February. Google him It's like $40 but worth it!

The view, shopping and banana daiquiri s are well worth whatever you pay. We girls passed out in the sun on Sapphire Beach after our drink.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

I always use Bernards...his tours are fun!! You get the best of both worlds... a little shopping, the mountain top for THE BEST BANANA DAIQUIRI in the world!!!! and you can choose a beach. We went to Magens bay last year...hoping to do that in February. Google him It's like $40 but worth it!

Bernards is in St. Maarten....right? Unless he has a tour in St. Thomas too? :)

Bernard's Tours is in St. Maarten. I am sailing 2/1/15 and in St. Thomas 2/4 -can't find a tour. Air Force 1-Have Fun with Us Tours is fully booked. I have emailed Godfrey's Tours, but have not received a reply?? Guess it will have to be a taxi or ships tour.:(

Just back from St Thomas on the Gem.

Best tour in St Thomas is Godfrey tours. We have used him three years in a row. He picks you up at cruise terminal...you have time for shopping....(we visit the amazing synagogue there)...and Imperial Jewelers....back onto tour bus for a fantastic informative tour of the Island with numerous stops including mountain top...home to that wonderful drink.....then on to the botanical gardens for rum punch.....a stop at the beach (10 min or 2 hours) then back to she ship. It is truly an unbelievable tour for only $35-

Godfrey tours is the best thing on the island.....we can't wait to go back to see him and his tour again.

Edited by spidybabe

Bernard's Tours is in St. Maarten. I am sailing 2/1/15 and in St. Thomas 2/4 -can't find a tour. Air Force 1-Have Fun with Us Tours is fully booked. I have emailed Godfrey's Tours, but have not received a reply?? Guess it will have to be a taxi or ships tour.:(

Godfrey is slow to respond but they will. I had to pull their teeth to figure out if they had a tour to accommodate our noon arrival on Freedom of the Seas. Finally did and he will do a tour at 12:30. Beach, mountain top, shopping for $35. No deposit required.