Private Tour with Stanley

No Beaches Here

Stanley is a driver at the Secret Harbour Resort in Secret Harbor. Excellent guide and very nice gentleman, we really enjoyed his company. And why take a tour with a large group when you can have a personal driver for just $35 or 50pp? He can show you the highlights and costomize the day to your interests.

His rates and contact info are in the attached link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2106596

Stanley is a driver at the Secret Harbour Resort in Secret Harbor. Excellent guide and very nice gentleman, we really enjoyed his company. And why take a tour with a large group when you can have a personal driver for just $35 or 50pp? He can show you the highlights and costomize the day to your interests.

His rates and contact info are in the attached link.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2106596

Yes, this is the driver I had heard of. Did you tour with him recently? Did you know where you wanted to visit or did he just know where to take you? Was vehicle okay? I just couldn't find much other information about his tours. Thanks

Yes, this is the driver I had heard of. Did you tour with him recently? Did you know where you wanted to visit or did he just know where to take you? Was vehicle okay? I just couldn't find much other information about his tours. Thanks

there's another thread with more info here -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44587789&posted=1#post44587789

We toured with Stanley 4 - 5 years ago. You personalize your day with Stanley's help. We (2 couples) were in a van that was in good shape and would have held another couple if need be. He may have a different vehicle now, just ask. He's very easy to talk to.

• 4 weeks later...

We've just booked with Stanley for Dec. 10. There are 4 or 5 of us. When I phoned him he just said " meet me at the dock at 9:30am and I'll have a sign with my name." He did not take my name or information???

My question... do we have a private tour or does Stanley combine groups to fill his van?

Also for those who have been with Stanley, where exactly does he take you. He said sometime about a 'farm' but can't find much about it.

thanks

Living life, I started recommending Stanley here a few months ago because we enjoyed a nice tour with him years ago when we first started visiting STT. His services were recommended to us by someone I'm sure, and so we're playing that forward for others.

He told us the same thing, he'd be inside the dock area and holding a sign with our name on it. I had booked a private tour for just us (1 couple) and another couple decided to join us at the last minute. So it was for my group only and he had a van and not a safari taxi. He isn't a taxi driver but does this part time. So I would expect him to be looking for you only for a private tour but you can call him to verify that.

He will have recommendations like Mountaintop, Drake's Seat, the overlook on Scenic Drive, perhaps a stop at Tillett Gardens to shop the artist shops there, and a drive by and a stop at one or 2 of the East End beaches if you want that. His itinerary is flexible and he will include what you want to see.

Just to clarify, Stanley IS a licensed taxi driver. He has an association with Secret Harbour Beach Resort. The rules of the taxi association allow only certain members to pick up at the cruise ship dock or at the airport. However, there is an exception if the driver has been arranged ahead of time, which is why you have to call him- before you arrive on St Thomas- directly. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, our cruise itinerary changed and we did not make it to St. Thomas. :( We were very disappointed but will try again next year.

You might look in this thread and ask rl2knot1 as they were also booked to tour with Stanley also and there is more information there.:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=44896174#post44896174

Just to clarify, Stanley IS a licensed taxi driver. He has an association with Secret Harbour Beach Resort. The rules of the taxi association allow only certain members to pick up at the cruise ship dock or at the airport. However, there is an exception if the driver has been arranged ahead of time, which is why you have to call him- before you arrive on St Thomas- directly. ;)

Yes Stanley has to get pre-approval from the head of the taxi association that services the dock as they obviously control access. He is licensed but at the time we used his services he did this on a purely part time basis when he had requests most of which are by word of mouth.

Hello, Just checking to see if you were able to do the tour with Stanley this past week? How was it, and more importantly, what did you see and how long did you spend with him? We have booked with him for January. Thank you in advance for the info. mjcatlvr

Unfortunately, our cruise itinerary changed and we did not make it to St. Thomas. :( We were very disappointed but will try again next year.

You might look in this thread and ask rl2knot1 as they were also booked to tour with Stanley also and there is more information there.:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...4#post44896174

Through information gained on this forum, we booked an "island tour" with Stanley on Dec. 10 and it was awesome and well worth it. Stanley was at the pier as he said he would be and took myself and three daughters on a private personal tour of the highlights of St. Thomas. He stopped at several of the best lookouts and shared history and current notes of interest. This portion was about 2 hours.

Since Stanley does work for Secret Harbour, we ended up at this small, beautiful, sheltered beach. Good snorkeling, sun and shade, great restaurant (reasonable prices, good food). Stanley offered to pick us up whenever we wanted to head back so we could stay as long as we wanted.

We would highly recommend Stanley if you would like a tour of St. Thomas highlights and beach time. You could also add some time for shopping if you want as Stanley will drop you off wherever you like.:)

Glad to hear you were able to enjoy Stanley's services, much nicer than sharing a tour with a larger group. Stanley gives a personalized tour and we felt like we were with a family member when we used his services years ago. He is a very nice gentleman and we wanted to share our experience with others looking for this option. Now you and others can pay it forward for us! ;)

Through information gained on this forum, we booked an "island tour" with Stanley on Dec. 10 and it was awesome and well worth it. Stanley was at the pier as he said he would be and took myself and three daughters on a private personal tour of the highlights of St. Thomas. He stopped at several of the best lookouts and shared history and current notes of interest. This portion was about 2 hours.

Since Stanley does work for Secret Harbour, we ended up at this small, beautiful, sheltered beach. Good snorkeling, sun and shade, great restaurant (reasonable prices, good food). Stanley offered to pick us up whenever we wanted to head back so we could stay as long as we wanted.

We would highly recommend Stanley if you would like a tour of St. Thomas highlights and beach time. You could also add some time for shopping if you want as Stanley will drop you off wherever you like.:)

Would you mind sharing the cost of your day with Stanley and your 3 daughters? I would appreciate it. Thanks!