Cheers on Day 2

mabones

So do you get charged for the first day even if you buy it on the second day? I wouldn't doubt it knowing Carnival.

Snide comment aside, the answer is you would get billed for from when you purchased it - no go back for them either.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was going to see how many drinks we had on the 1st day to see if the cost of Cheers was worth it.

It's $5 cheaper per person per day if you buy it ahead of time through the Fun Shops. If you're considering it, just do it before and be done with it. Then don't worry and have a good time without having to tally the prices of the drinks.

Gotcha. So it may even be worth it to hold off since you'd most likely not get your moneys worth after 6pm the day you board.

Depends on who you are and what kind of fun you want to have ;). $5 pp per day cheaper if you buy it ahead of time. We get on the ship around noon, so we have practically the whole day.

Depends on who you are and what kind of fun you want to have ;). $5 pp per day cheaper if you buy it ahead of time. We get on the ship around noon, so we have practically the whole day.

Hmmmm, I am starting to think intervention time for you..... On a more serious note, did you find that you saved money with Cheers? About the end of day 4 I start slowing down......

Was it worth it? We will bring Wine but after having it all-inclusive I'm spoiled now.

My biggest complaint is that Carnival makes both adults in the cabin purchase the package. DW doesn't drink so to me it's a giant ripoff.. I guess there are too many rule breakers that would share drinks, so they don't trust anyone. I'll just pay as I go. :cool:

Gotcha. So it may even be worth it to hold off since you'd most likely not get your moneys worth after 6pm the day you board.

Why 6PM? you can use the package as soon as you board.

My biggest complaint is that Carnival makes both adults in the cabin purchase the package. DW doesn't drink so to me it's a giant ripoff.. I guess there are too many rule breakers that would share drinks, so they don't trust anyone. I'll just pay as I go. :cool:

That's a lot of people complaints and why we have choices. You call it a ripoff, I just see it as something that doesn't fit your needs.

You could always put her in her own cabin to make it work......:rolleyes:

You could always put her in her own cabin to make it work......:rolleyes:

We have a spa suite on the next cruise. So she has HER room, I would be the one put in steerage. I'll just pay as I go and have a great time. I do wish Carnival would change the policy to be in line with Holland and Princess. However, I doubt that will ever happen.

Hmmmm, I am starting to think intervention time for you..... On a more serious note, did you find that you saved money with Cheers? About the end of day 4 I start slowing down......

:D. This will be my first and probably last time having Cheers. There are 14 people going, and others decided they want to do it, so we decided to try it out. I'm not a big drinker by any means especially when I'm by myself, but with that large of a group, and some of us having Havana Cabins, I plan to spend a lot of time out there sipping on a fruity drink and enjoying the sun (hopefully).

The drinks I like average about $10 with gratuity. It's $344 for 6 days for Cheers. Minus the $45 I would have paid for BB anyway, that leaves $299. So an average of 5 fruity drinks a day if it was strictly alcohol. I may have a milkshake, or some of the other things as well in there. I will probably try some other drinks that I normally wouldn't have for fear of if it didn't like it, I would have wasted money. Plus then if I don't feel like finishing a drink, I won't feel obligated to. Besides, if I'm spending a lot of time in the sun, my drink might melt fast, so I'll just order another one :p.

We have a spa suite on the next cruise. So she has HER room, I would be the one put in steerage. I'll just pay as I go and have a great time. I do wish Carnival would change the policy to be in line with Holland and Princess. However, I doubt that will ever happen.

I believe you are correct, I would be shocked to see them change it.

Why 6PM? you can use the package as soon as you board.

He is probably thinking of the 6AM-6AM daily coverage for Cheers and feeling that if they board mid-afternoon and don't drink much in the evening, it may not be worth it on boarding day. Just guessing. :confused:

Edited by joepeka