Transfer to TA?

I've been told that I can transfer my booking to a TA to receive their offers, which is a good amount of on board credit, what are the downfalls to doing this? I've already made my booking and chosen my dining options, etc. and don't plan on making changes to my room.

Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I've occasionally booked first with the cruise line and then transferred my booking to my TA. Ask before doing so what the TA can offer. I found out that you can't do this after the final payment date. I booked one cruise after the final payment date on a weekend and tried to transfer it to my TA on the following Monday. In that case, it worked out well because the price had gone up.

How do you transfer the booking? I booked a cruise, paid the deposit.. then mentioned on my Facebook page that I was planning a cruise. Then ding! A friend is a travel agent specializing in cruises and I totally forgot. So, my transfer is not necessarily to get perks but to give a friend some business. My final payment is this Friday.

Found it! I faxed a Princess number with the TA's info!

How do you transfer the booking? I booked a cruise, paid the deposit.. then mentioned on my Facebook page that I was planning a cruise. Then ding! A friend is a travel agent specializing in cruises and I totally forgot. So, my transfer is not necessarily to get perks but to give a friend some business. My final payment is this Friday.