Shareholder benefit question

How early can I submit my paperwork to get the shareholder benefit. My next cruise is currently 4 months out and I am assuming it is too soon. But figured I would ask. The FAQ on the shareholder benefit site just says to submit 2-3 weeks out - but it was not clear if this is the latest you can submit, or both the earliest and latest.

How early can I submit my paperwork to get the shareholder benefit. My next cruise is currently 4 months out and I am assuming it is too soon. But figured I would ask. The FAQ on the shareholder benefit site just says to submit 2-3 weeks out - but it was not clear if this is the latest you can submit, or both the earliest and latest.

I don't believe there is any minimum time limit. I've done it months before the cruise.

Just be aware that if you are getting any kind of C&A benefit like an OBC or balcony discount, your request for OBC from Shareholder's Benefits will be denied. You can not combine any C&A benefit with Shareholder Benefits.

Just be aware that if you are getting any kind of C&A benefit like an OBC or balcony discount, your request for OBC from Shareholder's Benefits will be denied. You can not combine any C&A benefit with Shareholder Benefits.

Funny you should mention this today. Not 5 minutes ago, I got a denial to apply the shareholder benefit to a cruise booked in an OV under 30/30. They said I already had a discount. The only discount on the booking is the 20% discount for the OV.

Funny you should mention this today. Not 5 minutes ago, I got a denial to apply the shareholder benefit to a cruise booked in an OV under 30/30. They said I already had a discount. The only discount on the booking is the 20% discount for the OV.

Don't you love all their loop holes??:(

Don't you love all their loop holes??:(

I asked them how anyone could possibly use the shareholder benefit anymore if all fares are continuously "on sale". Haven't heard back yet.

Man, they are fast. I applied for my next 3 cruises a couple hours ago and already have a response.

1. First cruise that I bought BOGOHO - received the credit!

2. Second cruise I booked through Costco - did not receive but I didn't think I would since Costco gave me an OBC

3. Third cruise I had originally booked with a C&A discount but today I changed it to the BOGOHO pricing. - they denied the credit, but I think most likely the old C&A discount is still showing on my reservation. I will refile for this again later.

The process was way faster than I expected.

That's crazy since they were approving the shareholder credit for the BOGO pricing which worked out to a 25% discount.

That's crazy since they were approving the shareholder credit for the BOGO pricing which worked out to a 25% discount.

Only thing I can think of is that the BOGO had the discount on Guest #2, so maybe that makes a difference to them if Guest #1 is the one who owns the stock. With 30/30, the discount is on both guests.

Only thing I can think of is that the BOGO had the discount on Guest #2, so maybe that makes a difference to them if Guest #1 is the one who owns the stock. With 30/30, the discount is on both guests.

Any excuse to deny the benefit. I'm actually surprised they allowed it with BOGOHO.

I actually thought I was going to be able to use it on my Freedom cruise. We had 2 promenades booked under BOGO. I then made the mistake of having it repriced to save an additional $40 with the celebrate savings promo which voided the shareholder benefit. I was going to have them remove that but then I just got the free gratuities so it's a no to the shareholder credit.

Might just be time to sell the stock.

I asked them how anyone could possibly use the shareholder benefit anymore if all fares are continuously "on sale". Haven't heard back yet.

My guess is you will not hear back. You get one discount with RCL so pick the best one. For what's it's worth Princess lets you combine all the discounts you are entitled to, Military, stockholder, Amex Platinum, referral for new cruiser, etc.:):)

I had it denied because I was using my 150% solo cap perk.

I pitched a fit, and got it approved, grudgingly, with an implied warning not to expect it again. :eek:

Man, they are fast. I applied for my next 3 cruises a couple hours ago and already have a response.

1. First cruise that I bought BOGOHO - received the credit!

2. Second cruise I booked through Costco - did not receive but I didn't think I would since Costco gave me an OBC

3. Third cruise I had originally booked with a C&A discount but today I changed it to the BOGOHO pricing. - they denied the credit, but I think most likely the old C&A discount is still showing on my reservation. I will refile for this again later.

The process was way faster than I expected.

THAT'S not supposed to happen. It is not supposed to have anything to do with OUTSIDE benefits, only RC benefits.

THAT'S not supposed to happen. It is not supposed to have anything to do with OUTSIDE benefits, only RC benefits.

That's where it gets really confusing. Some of the TA perks are actually perks that are provided by Royal or they could be part of a group. Only TA perks that come purely out of the agents commission would be combinable with the shareholder credit. Need to know more details on that one as to why it was denied.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

That's where it gets really confusing. Some of the TA perks are actually perks that are provided by Royal or they could be part of a group. Only TA perks that come purely out of the agents commission would be combinable with the shareholder credit. Need to know more details on that one as to why it was denied.

It would be nice if the shareholder people would give the details when they send the first denial email, but I've always had to do a follow-up email.

Edited by clarea

I think the Costco denial must be a group booking or something. I have had the OBC applied for a Costco booking before. However, you never know with Royal. Things change all the time. I would definitely do a follow up e-mail and find out why.

I love my stockholder OBC, but it is certainly hit or miss.

I think the Costco denial must be a group booking or something. I have had the OBC applied for a Costco booking before. However, you never know with Royal. Things change all the time. I would definitely do a follow up e-mail and find out why.

I love my stockholder OBC, but it is certainly hit or miss.

I tried to use mine with a AAA OBC and was denied. Found out that the OBC that AAA offered was really from RCCL not them. This time my TA (not AAA) is giving me $100 OBC and I made sure to ask her if it is coming from her or RCCL. She assured me it was from her so when I send in my statement for my September cruise I will know for sure.

Because of this policy, I received a meager $25.00 obc, but lost out on my $100.00 shc. Tried to change credits with customer relations, but that conversation went awry. So, bought stock @ $34.00/will now sell at $78.50,

pay my capital gains, take my absurd profits, and take a few vacations; however NOT ON ANY ROYAL CARIBBEAN SHIP AGAIN!!! SHAREHOLDERS ARE THE PEOPLE WHO PAY THE SALARIES, ROYAL CARIBBEAN HAS MARGINALIZED THEM!

It all depends on the specific rate or obc.

but to sell your stock and not cruise with them ever again because you lost out on a small credit? Really?

by the way, as an RCI stockholder, I have never paid anyone's salary at RCL. You own stock that was originally sold by the company many years ago, and you've benefited pretty well from that investment, but the salaries are paid by cruisers.

It all depends on the specific rate or obc.

but to sell your stock and not cruise with them ever again because you lost out on a small credit? Really?

by the way, as an RCI stockholder, I have never paid anyone's salary at RCL. You own stock that was originally sold by the company many years ago, and you've benefited pretty well from that investment, but the salaries are paid by cruisers.

You're correct, and to an extent so am I; shareholders are owners, owners pay salaries, but, not that important. What is important to me in this situation is simply the principal of the policy. I might be making a mistake in dumping a performing equity, but I'll feel better about it. This is not a make or break part of my portfolio. As to purchase date, not as long ago as you think. 5/10/2010 @$32.80, even less than I estimated. Have a great Fourth!!