Help me find something for a picky husband?

mrsfoose

Hello,

My husband and myself will be visiting Roatan this January with Carnival. This is our first time to Roatan. My husband is not the biggest adrenaline junkie, but I would like to do something that allows us to get to see this stop. He's already turned down zip lining and he doesn't do well with snorkeling.

Does anyone have any ideas for us? We are mid 20's and this is our second cruise.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello,

My husband and myself will be visiting Roatan this January with Carnival. This is our first time to Roatan. My husband is not the biggest adrenaline junkie, but I would like to do something that allows us to get to see this stop. He's already turned down zip lining and he doesn't do well with snorkeling.

Does anyone have any ideas for us? We are mid 20's and this is our second cruise.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why not do what you want and let him do what he wants. There times when DW stays on board and I go off on an excursion or just go ashore.

Look into booking an island tour with either Rony or Victor Bodden. Info on these boards for both. You can get a nice tour of the whole island. Enjoy some great views. Hit a couple of nice beach bars, grab lunch at a local versus tourista place. Learn about Roatan and see some of its native culture and animals.

There's also a nice dune buggy excursion. Google Sandblasters Roatan.

We love Maya Key. You can only book it through the cruiseline as a shore excursion through them- but it's a lovely island with a nice beach, pool, full bar, included lunch (that's really good) animal sanctuary, replica ruins, an area to swim with sharks/rays (for an additional fee but not expensive), and sea lions that you can feed. The main attraction is the snorkeling there, which is phenomenal- I know you mentioned that he's not into that, but this place would offer the option for you to do it (you go off the end of a long pier, and they have guides out there if you need it- in other words, you could go alone and be totally fine) while he relaxes at the beach, or pool, or bar, or whatever he wants. Since it's not a "snorkel tour" in the sense that your stuck out on a boat on a reef, it would allow more flexibility.

Hello,

Thanks in advance!

You are on a Carnival ship so will be docking in Mahogany Bay.

There is a beach right there within the port complex so you don't need to go anyplace to enjoy a nice beach day. :)

LuLu

Don't stay on the ship! Roatan is a beautiful tropical island, covered in amazing flora with all types of creatures. Everything from huge parrots to iguanas are roaming around, it is truly paradise!

There are island tours, botanical gardens tours, iguana farm tours....

do a tour in the morning, then spend the afternoon at Mahogany Bay beach having lunch and beachtime. Or kayak the lagoon area. Lots to do right there!