Siversea offer not honored

venture13

I agree with to the sunset. We were also on that cruise, my good lady visited the boutique when we first boarded, she was so appalled by what was on offer she never went again in 17 days!

What a shocking mistake SS made on this one. If they had two outlets one selling the upmarket stuff and one for ordinary items it may work?

If you ask for items like razor blades, shampoo or any toiletries they open a tacky little cupboard in the corner, it makes you feel very uncomfortable asking!

It will happen on the Grand Voyage around South America, either starting Jan 7th or shortly afterwards, and it will be hell. Jimmy K leaves the ship in Ft Lauderdale on the 7th, and is so happy NOT to be onboard when it happens.

Does anyone know when Jimmy K is returning to the Shadow or another ship?

Jimmy K will get on the Whisper at the end of the World cruise in Ft Lauderdale on May 1st.

Maybe it is a good thing the boutiques will be closed since when they reopen, the merchandise will be way over priced and not at all appealing to the casual shopper. If you need a "sundry", you will have to ask for it.

Oh well, at least I saved money on the last cruise.

Agreed. While the new decor is sort-of stylish art deco, we thought the merchandise selection on the Spirit was a bit odd. 2/3 of the space is devoted to high end jewelry; and I would say the other 1/3 split between perfume/fragrance items (L'Occitane, Diptyque, etc.) and clothing (Paul & Shark for example). That being said, the manager said to me, "if there is any merchandise you think we should have, just let us know." He mentioned they loaded the merchandise in Barcelona before the TA and weren't able to get everything onboard that they wanted. I gave him specific feedback in terms of items and brands. I would suggest if others feel the merchandise is lacking they should do the same. I think they are aware and hopefully they will adjust accordingly. I do wonder if they will eventually adjust the space allocation when they find the high end jewelry is not selling....

I'm so glad you got your onboard credit worked out with your solo 10%+. I am booked as a solo on the same cruise' date=' FLL-SFO 16 April - and was able to get both too! YAY for us! I will look forward to meeting you then...Jen[/quote']

I'm on the FLL-FLL cruise before u and I got the upgrade and OBC 2 days before I made final payment. It never hurts to ask and from my limited experience with SS, they have been quite accommodating.

Cheers

Jennifer

I'm on the FLL-FLL cruise before u and I got the upgrade and OBC 2 days before I made final payment. It never hurts to ask and from my limited experience with SS, they have been quite accommodating.

Cheers

Jennifer

Nice one Jennifer, we have a request going through for our Whisper b2b, hope they as accomodating to us.

Cheers

Jennifer

From what I understand, they will adjust if it is before the final payment is made. Just make sure you do the math...,