Carnival Spirit - Obstructed Balcony cabins

We have booked for August in grade BL a balcony guarantee. We appreciate that in all probability we will get an obstructed balcony cabin - fair enough - you get what you pay for.

Has anyone had experience of these cabins, would be interested to hear your comments.

Many thanks

Judy

I have done this twice with Carnival. First time we were given an aft view cabin on level 4, which might not be for everyone but I loved it. The balcony felt very private and there was minimal passing traffic. I liked sitting out on the balcony looking back. The second time is for a cruise this June and we have been allocated Cabin 6152 which looks like a good location too. Both times they were really good prices for balcony cabins and neither was obstructed view.

We have booked for August in grade BL a balcony guarantee. We appreciate that in all probability we will get an obstructed balcony cabin - fair enough - you get what you pay for.

Has anyone had experience of these cabins, would be interested to hear your comments.

Many thanks

Judy

Hope you get a good cabin. We booked an guaranteed ocean view quad (at a great special) and got upgraded to a balcony quad on the Panorama deck. First time cruising on the spirit with D14 and grand-daughters.

Would someone please explain just what an Obstructed Balcony is, by the very nature of the balconies on a ship they strike me as a figment of someones fear.

Obstructed Oceanview? Yes, but Obstructed Balcony? Naaaah.

Would someone please explain just what an Obstructed Balcony is, by the very nature of the balconies on a ship they strike me as a figment of someones fear.

This occurs mainly when travelling with family, you go to go out on the balcony and find the family is not only blocking your access but also your view.

I think that _hellyes is on the money with their post, applicable not just to Carnival:

The obstructed balconies are good on Carnival - it just means the life boats are the deck below you. So you can still look out uninhibited, but when looking down there's the roof of a boat.

Typically the obstructed view balconies are on the deck above the lifeboats, and the obstructed view is down, rather than out. I have seen some photos of obstructed balconies where there was some superstructure inhibiting the view, often these are corner balconies.

I think that _hellyes is on the money with their post, applicable not just to Carnival:

Typically the obstructed view balconies are on the deck above the lifeboats, and the obstructed view is down, rather than out. I have seen some photos of obstructed balconies where there was some superstructure inhibiting the view, often these are corner balconies.

I agree, although sometimes it is the structures that help lower the lifeboats that is the obstruction.

We were in 5243 on the Carnival Legend and no problems with the balcony. The obstruction for us was the lifeboat below and didn't affect our outward view, it was only looking down, we had to look out over the lifeboats.

Our daughter booked an obstructed balcony guarantee and ended up being given a standard balcony at the aft of the ship.

We were in 5243 on the Carnival Legend and no problems with the balcony. The obstruction for us was the lifeboat below and didn't affect our outward view, it was only looking down, we had to look out over the lifeboats.

Our daughter booked an obstructed balcony guarantee and ended up being given a standard balcony at the aft of the ship.

That was a nice score for your daughter.