QE, canaries trip 2015

Sailaway25

Hi we are going on our first cruise on the 12 th December 2015. I have a few questions. We head over to the canaries, etc then home to Southampton.

Firstly, how warm do you think it will be on deck once we get near Spain, will it be wrm enough for shorts..or will the air temp be to cold?

Next we are travelling with our 12 year old daughter, do you think their might be any more kids on board?

Also we are in our 30's (late), but we can't dance any ball room all! Do you think it will be worth having some lessons before we go, we have 3 dys at sea before our firt port, i think?

Sorry its long.. Bit welcome any advice, posted over on th first cruise area.. But wa advised to try here.. Thank you

Welcome to Cruise Critic and Cunard!

Not sure when the school holidays begin in the UK but chances are good there will be at least a few children onboard. (In the US, children are frequently pulled out of school before the school holidays begin for Christmas cruises.)

We had a few children onboard our crossing last week. The areas for children/teens are staffed even if there are only a few children.

Average temperature for your first stop is 18C in December. Never can say for sure but it seems reasonable that you could have some "shorts weather".

I could not find a roll call for this cruise but you might want to start one in the roll calls. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=601

You can "meet" some of the people on your cruise in advance, possibly set up some independent tours together, and/or make plans to meet up onboard. Your thread title could be "Q523 - 12 December 2015". (I have been part of some really amazing roll calls and I highly recommend them.)

Enjoy the beautiful QE!

Edited by Scrapnana

. We will be taking our daughter out of school for this holiday, as a christmas holiday dosnt start until around the 20th dec... We live in the very north of uj, do really anything over 16 oc we would consider as hot! Thanks for your answer

Hi. We are also on this cruise. We booked it onboard the QV on her pre Christmas trip to southern Spain last December. I think this one will be warmer eventually being so much further south and I would take some shorts. Many Brits go to the Canaries at this time of year and can be just lovely. Of course it could be windier on board when sailing but you can get out of the wind easily. I think layering is the way to go, items of each kind of clothing.

Now for the sail down and back it probably will be cooler. We had swells too going through the Bay of Biscay(I was seasick which is rare for me) but not on the return, so that is just luck I guess.

For the dancing they do offer classes onboard, though probably only1 kind of dance a day, so if you really want to be enjoying the dancing from the go then classes before you go might be an idea and also a lot of fun. Then of course the nightclub will follow!!

There were only a handful of little children last year but the cruise was slightly earlier.

Edited by maz48

From my experience it should be warm enough for shorts after the first couple of days.

Not this year. We sailed out of Southampton 3 Jan and it was bitterly cold in Lisbon. A little bit milder by the time we reached the Azores but certainly not shorts weather.

Of course next year could be very different but with weather no one really knows.

David.

From my experience it should be warm enough for shorts after the first couple of days.

The ship will be trimmed up for Christmas as well :)

I am seriously thinking about booking this voyage so I may see you on board.

It wasn't as warm as we expected and what we saw in the temperature guides last December, so hoping it will be warmer this time. Canaries could be very nice index though.

Hi we are going on our first cruise on the 12 th December 2015. I have a few questions. We head over to the canaries, etc then home to Southampton.

Firstly, how warm do you think it will be on deck once we get near Spain, will it be wrm enough for shorts..or will the air temp be to cold?

Next we are travelling with our 12 year old daughter, do you think their might be any more kids on board?

Also we are in our 30's (late), but we can't dance any ball room all! Do you think it will be worth having some lessons before we go, we have 3 dys at sea before our firt port, i think?

Sorry its long.. Bit welcome any advice, posted over on th first cruise area.. But wa advised to try here.. Thank you

My wife and I travelled on the Q.V. 17 Dec to 29 Dec 2014. the sea was a little rough, but not a problem, I put my shorts on the first full day at sea for the full trip (not xmas day) no problem, at times we sat out on deck, could not dock at Lanzarote due to the wind. They have line dancing each morning (I think your daughter would find it fun) when at sea, loads of non dancers take part and try to learn, also a couple of pro dancers teach ballroom dancing once again lots of people trying to learn seems good fun. I thing we had approx. 44 children on board, but mainly young 5-6-7 but they have staff to cater for all ages.:)