Latest Regent Pricing Gimmick

Eager2Travel

Regent has a new (at least to us) way to fill empty cabins. We just got a "special offer" of a $4,000 reduction per suite for us and anyone who sails with us in another suite on the March 25th sailing. Unfortunately we have no one to offer it to which would benefit them and us. This is a way of reducing the cost of the cruise but not have to offer any savings to all those already paid and not able to get someone else to book this cruise.

Is it against Cruise Critic rules to offer this deal to someone reading this board?

I haven't seen the offer but I doubt there is a Cruise Critic rule against mentioning it on the board. There is a thread on the Seabourn board where people offer or request similar discounts. I assume your TA would have to set up the discount with Regent as they do with the Ambassador onboard credits.

Thanks, Dave for the information. The offer is available from Feb 9 t0 29. It is a good deal for anyone thinking of booking the Mariner March 25 sailing or making a spur of the moment decision.

I will think about starting a thread regarding the offer. It would help us as well as someone else thinking of booking a last minute cruise.

I have learned my lesson; next time i am on a wide open sailing i am going to cancel before penalty. Then, all i need to do is befriend someone else on that sailing and I can be the "friend" and we both save tons of money. This same offer was made on a later cruise on Mariner; it won't take long for us plain folk to figure this out and start mass cancellations.

I agree with you Marc. No more early bookings for us. It is going to be wait and see. What cabin we are in is not that important to us.

Don't get me wrong, I will continue to book early; that gives best fares when sailings do well; however, just before the penalty period starts, I will re-evaluate the situation. Most times not worth the hassle of losing shore excursions; however, if really empty, I will cancel.

Both Marc and TC2 make sense. We will book onboard to get the price guarantee (if that is what it really is) and then reevaluate before penalties start. We just have to remember penalties start well before final pay. It is not like the old days.

On our upcoming March cruise we booked onboard in October and still are waitlisted for excursions in 4 ports. And this is on a cruise they still keep trying to fill. Booking when excursions first open give you the best chance to get them.

This booking cruises is trying into a full time job and it isn't stuff that falls into the TA's duties.

Edited by Eager2Travel