Queen Vic - advantages of Princess Grill

BMT

I do not think that their are any Adapted cabins in Princess Grill, Queens Grill have 1 I believe.

4095 and 4097 ARE disabled cabins and are considerably larger than standard P1 P2.

I personally do not have experience of these but I can imagine that the extra space is useful.

Obviously the dining facilities are also a significant advantage.

Just wondering whether it is worthwhile reserving a disabled cabin in the Princess Grill?

Thanks

The cabins are much larger. The issue is, are you disabled? they may require medical proof. We had a disabled cabin(standard A-1)on QV. For some reason we just got the room. It was about the size of a standard P-suite. The dining upgrade is what would do it for me!

Ask over on the disabled cruising part of the forum for more advice in line with your need. If you need an accessible cabin, book one. If you don't then please, please don't be one of those people who bucks the system and disadvantages someone with a real and genuine need.

You won't be surprised to find that illicit use of the larger cabins is the top topic over there and permanently burns away at folks who dislike unfairness.

Accessible cabins are already something that we almost always need to book as soon as the brochure comes out because availability is limited; add that to the fact that the chances of getting a late discount are somewhere less than zero and you can see that it's already less than ideal. As a wheelchair user, I'm happy to book a normal Grills cabin because I can get around the cabin okay and can access the bathroom by using the walls for support. I'm happy to leave the accessible rooms for someone who HAS to use the roll-in bathroom, because one day that will be me.

I was more interested in the advantages of being in Princess Grill, rather than getting 'into it' re disabled cabins.

The lady in question is over 100 and won't be doing the triathlon anytime soon!!:D:D

She also qualifies with various physical problems.:eek::eek:

Interestingly, I was under the impression that cruiselines were not permitted to ask what is wrong with passengers. Invasion of privacy etc.

I have done some research and a private deck will obviously help us, rather than fighting for chairs on the regular decks. Also, a Concierge Lounge is helpful. I think these are available in Princess Grill, or is this only Queens Grill?

It is also helpful to have an open seating restaurant as getting ready is difficult to time, as I don't have any assistance.

Thanks for clarifying your question.

Both the private terrace and Queens Grill Lounge are available for Princess Grill passengers (there is no Concierge Lounge on QV, only QM2).

The other advantages are more space in your cabin, your own table for breakfast, lunch and dinner, open dining between 6.30 and 9.00pm.

It's a very difficult question to answer whether the Grills are worthwhile, some people wouldn't travel any other way, some don't think the extras justify the price. I'm somewhere between the two, our first few trips were in the Grills but we have been very happy in Britannia since.

Edited by Host Hattie

There's no concierge lounge but there is a Grills lounge, shared between PG and QG and a concierge is there at various times of the day. Usual help service, plus a DVD library for loan and so on. It gets every bit as busy as the Queens Room does at afternoon tea, but there's also access to the outside terrace plus a separate deck upstairs without chair hogging. The ability to turn up anytime to dine is a major benefit for some people, me included.

As for privacy and disability, I suppose it depends where you hail from. A lot of the US folks seem to get quite excited about the ADA regulations and that ships departing US ports absolutely must ensure that adapted cabins are not used without good reason and supporting documentation. In the UK Cunard (and P&O), unlike most other lines, is keen to ensure that anyone with a scooter or wheelchair, even if able to cope in a normal cabin, books either accessible or a suite. That too, gets some people all hot under the collar.

Edited by Chunky2219
typo