Pontoon boat ride in port can. Fl.?

MCAT48

Was wondering if anyone has done this excursion thru ncl and was it enjoyable? Worth the effort/price? Did you see any manatees? Most defiantly not going to the beach in Florida this year and wanted to do something different. Did the airboat twice so far and not interested in anything else the offer for this port.

Thanks! [emoji5]️

What time of year are you going? This time of year, the ocean waters are warmer and the manatees will be out at sea and not clustered in the springs.

Your best bet on seeing a manatee is between November -March and on the west coast of Florida.

I was curious and looked up this excursion and the Banana River (the river for the excursion).

According to the Florida state website, the springs on the upper river can have around 300 manatees total in cooler water season and that manatees use the river year round.

Based on my experience where I live on the Florida west coast, our population during the cooler months can hit over 300 manatees in just one of the springs. In warmer weather, there might be manatees in our various rivers, but they are scarcer.

You will probably enjoy the excursion and all the wildlife, but don't necessarily plan on seeing a manatee in September.

I did this excursion with my mother the first time we did the Florida / Bahama run. It was very enjoyable, yes we saw manatees and small dolphins and many birds and their droppings lol. Very smelly at times. Nice bus ride to the boat and time after to see their small museum and time to grab a snack or drink.

Thanks for the responses! Really appreciate it!

One more question-- how far is the boat ride from the ship? The description says it's a 3 hour excursion just wondering how much time is actually in the boat.

Thanks for the responses! Really appreciate it!

One more question-- how far is the boat ride from the ship? The description says it's a 3 hour excursion just wondering how much time is actually in the boat.

Probably most of that. If they leave from the port, you need to go through a lock to get to the river. If not, it is only a 5-10 minute drive to the river.

We did the banana river pontoon boat excursion in December 2013. I would never recommend it. The worst excursion I've ever taken. Guide thought he was funny but wasn't. Don't insult your guests to get tips, it doesn't work for me.

We didn't see any Manatees but I did my research before and knew they would most likely not be around in December. Seen a few small Dolphins and lots of birds and a couple of Otters.

Very boring with ignorant tour operators...