BoatYard questions -RCL- & excursion

k1koala

So friends want to do the RCL excursion to the turtles/snorkeling..$$$

I have read that you can go to the boatyard, do the beach thing and also snorkeling and see turtles for a lot less $$. I am looking for a good day and ok to pay the money, maybe not >$200 for crowds of people from the ships!

Can you give me some advice here on what might be the best thing for me to do????

THank you so much, this is me and my daughters first cruise :)

I have never been to Boatyard but plan on going in March and read a lot about it. Seems like it is 20 per person, you get a chair and umbrella for 2. They also have some water toys. Someone also said they have people that offer swimming with the turtles for 20 per person, which is a lot less than RC. Also included in the price is a ride back to the ship. Sounds good. We never do beach tours thru the ship just to much money for a ride and crumby rum punch, lol. If you are going before the end of march please post your experience if you go.

Entry fee for the Boatyard is $15USD per person and includes one chair per person and a shared umbrella. It also includes one drink (you choose from a list of specific drinks, beer, soda or water). You can also use all the facilities including bathrooms, showers and water toys. The ride back to the ship is also included and they do runs every 10-15 minutes. While at the beach you will be approached by vendors with everything from jet-ski rides to swimming with the turtles. Don't pay anything over $20 per person for the turtles. If you get someone that quotes you a higher price stand your ground. If he won't do it for $20, someone else will.

Entry fee for the Boatyard is $15USD per person and includes one chair per person and a shared umbrella. It also includes one drink (you choose from a list of specific drinks, beer, soda or water). You can also use all the facilities including bathrooms, showers and water toys. The ride back to the ship is also included and they do runs every 10-15 minutes. While at the beach you will be approached by vendors with everything from jet-ski rides to swimming with the turtles. Don't pay anything over $20 per person for the turtles. If you get someone that quotes you a higher price stand your ground. If he won't do it for $20, someone else will.

What would be a reasonable price for a jet ski rental here? It would me my dw and myself but would probably ride together. I don't think she would want to do it herself. Also is there parasailing?

• 4 weeks later...
John, how was the Boatyard?

Perfecto! :D

$5 each for the cab, arrived early and grabbed chairs and umbrella on the front row. Snorkeled a bit on my own and then paid $20 for a boat ride to the ship wreck and swim with the turtles. Free drinks were good (I preferred the shark bite) and the bucket of beer special was a good deal. Wi-Fi signal was okay near the bar. Facilities were clean and functional. We listened to the announcements and it was easy to catch our "free" ride back to the ship (I tipped the driver). One of the better beach days on our cruise! :cool:

Many of the catamaran tours that you see advertised were pulling into the same area to snorkel the ship wreck and swim with the turtles. I was very happy to do it for $20 instead of paying more for lunch and drinks on the cat.

Enjoy! :D

Loved the Boatyard, just walked through the terminal and followed signs to Taxi area, asked about transportation to Boatyard, as previously stated $20 p/p gives you taxi back and forth, entrance, lounge chair and free drink, There were vendors there on the other side promoting ski boats and turtle excursions but we just wanted a quiet beach day and it couldn't have been more perfect!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoofa

• 2 weeks later...

We were on a back to back cruise in December and went to The Boatyard twice. It was great! $15 entry fee (for cruise ship passengers). We actually chose to walk there and it didn't take too long at all, maybe 20-25 minutes along the water with a nice breeze. Of course, it depends on your personal abilities. There was also a grocery store along the way in case you need anything. The first week we took the taxi there and it took just as long as the walk because they made us wait in an empty taxi until it was filled up for about 15 minutes. The return shuttles were frequent and easy to catch.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app