Sunshine Secrets

HillBilly Bob

• 1 month later...
Yes. The JiJi is actually the Mongolian grill during lunch as seen on the Lido in other ships. I think cucina at lunch is like a pasta bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love the Mongolian grill and it is always so packed on other ships that have it near the main pool or buffet area. Maybe it won't be so crowded. The things I look forward to for lunch is Mongolian grill, my grilled Rueben sandwich from the deli or a Guy's burger. Yum.

The duck at JiJi's is FABULOUS! Warning - I always go down the biggest slide on every ship. The big one on Sunshine that goes out over the ocean about made me sick. It's pitch black in there, can see anything, can't breath (water comes over your face), + you don't know when it's gonna end. Should have known, it was shut down the day before cuz someone DID get sick in it.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love the Mongolian grill and it is always so packed on other ships that have it near the main pool or buffet area. Maybe it won't be so crowded. The things I look forward to for lunch is Mongolian grill, my grilled Rueben sandwich from the deli or a Guy's burger. Yum.

I love the Mongolian Wok too! Unfortunately, it is still very crowded on the Sunshine. However, the line is much shorter the first two days of the cruise... before every finds out about it. So, I suggest you go on embarkation day and perhaps the next day to get your fix, otherwise its most likely a 30 minute wait in line.

We cruised on the Sunshine in 2015 and will be sailing on her again next summer. We really liked the ship, but there are a few quirks and areas needing crowd control. I wrote up a very detailed, picture-intensive review in which I offer times for avoiding crowds, planning for shows and meals, and saving money: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2169332

Edited by mpcaruth

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned last week from Sunshine Thanksgiving cruise. I'm surprised no one has posted a review. This won't be a full review. We had cabin 7322 - wrap around in the aft, which I loved. Also the cabin did have a refrigerator. Food in dining room was up and down. Some good, some no so good. But you won't starve. It's true that at lunch you can eat at the Italian and Asian for free. At night, minimal charge. We didn't go to any of the paid dinners because I don't eat that much and a waste on me for the amount of food. Back by the Havana bar is wonderful seating and bar stool size tables are all along the total aft of the ship with full windows. Great spot for drinks and food. You can always find something good on Lido to eat. Besides the above, there is buffet, Guys burgers, separate salad bar, deli. Ship was full, but didn't feel too bad. Ship really rocked and rolled because of winds. We couldn't get into last port because of high winds. I missed the brunch at sea and now wish I hadn't. Serentity (sp) deck is nice. I didn't think it was too loud. We didn't do any excursions, but some of our group went on catamaran snorkle trip in St Thomas and loved it. Any questions, I will try to answer.

Just returned last week from Sunshine Thanksgiving cruise. I'm surprised no one has posted a review. This won't be a full review. We had cabin 7322 - wrap around in the aft, which I loved. Also the cabin did have a refrigerator. Food in dining room was up and down. Some good, some no so good. But you won't starve. It's true that at lunch you can eat at the Italian and Asian for free. At night, minimal charge. We didn't go to any of the paid dinners because I don't eat that much and a waste on me for the amount of food. Back by the Havana bar is wonderful seating and bar stool size tables are all along the total aft of the ship with full windows. Great spot for drinks and food. You can always find something good on Lido to eat. Besides the above, there is buffet, Guys burgers, separate salad bar, deli. Ship was full, but didn't feel too bad. Ship really rocked and rolled because of winds. We couldn't get into last port because of high winds. I missed the brunch at sea and now wish I hadn't. Serentity (sp) deck is nice. I didn't think it was too loud. We didn't do any excursions, but some of our group went on catamaran snorkle trip in St Thomas and loved it. Any questions, I will try to answer.

Hi. We've been on the Sunshine twice and love her. We always get a mid ship balcony but just booked the aft wrap you stayed in for 2018. Do you have any photos? It's our first aft wrap and we are really looking forward to a different view! Was the room awkward since it's configured differently? I've heard great things about aft wraps and our 8 day cruise has 4 sea days so lots of time to be with and without crowds!

I could kick myself because I forgot to take any photos the entire week. However, you will love the aft balcony. It is hugh. I think about 75 feet. We had breakfast out there ordering room service. BLT's, coffee, bagels and fruit trays. It was wonderful. The room is configured differently, but I think I liked it better than regular rooms. It's no bigger in size, but the bed is at a different angle. King size bed. On the balcony we had 4 chairs, 2 tables and a chaise lounge with still plenty of room to walk around.

I could kick myself because I forgot to take any photos the entire week. However, you will love the aft balcony. It is hugh. I think about 75 feet. We had breakfast out there ordering room service. BLT's, coffee, bagels and fruit trays. It was wonderful. The room is configured differently, but I think I liked it better than regular rooms. It's no bigger in size, but the bed is at a different angle. King size bed. On the balcony we had 4 chairs, 2 tables and a chaise lounge with still plenty of room to walk around.

Thank you. We can't wait. Was there additional noises being in the back of the ship? I chose deck seven because there were cabins above and below us and on each side. I'm so used to mid ship that I was a little concerned being at the aft but that wrap deck seemed so wonderful I took a chance :)