Amsterdam Aft Balcony Question

LewiLewi

We have never had an aft cabin on HAL. We are wondering if it is noisy; vibrations, etc. on Deck 7. We are planning a TA and will be spending a lot of time in the cabin.

Thank you.

KK is right; none of the cabins on the Amsterdam face aft, towards the wake.

That being said, we have had a number of "aft" cabins (cabins that face the wake and those near the stern but face port or starboard) and have not encountered any excessive noise or vibration. But I will qualify that with 2 things: 1. if you are on a deck underneath the Lido deck, you may hear Lido kitchen noises and/or chairs being moved around early and late, and 2. we are not at all sensitive to vibrations especially. We know those who are (fish tank pumps disturb them!) and they have found the stern intolerable.

Good luck on your decision and enjoy your TA. We have found they are the most relaxing cruises.

If you are talking about the Amsterdam cabins on deck 7 aft - those in the area of 7050 to 7054, they are quiet. However, in re- reading your post, you are doing a Transatlantic and the Amsterdam does not do those except on the World Cruise so I assume you mean the Nieuw Amsterdam.

I love those "wake" cabins and book one every chance I get. The view from your veranda of the prop wash is hypnotic. At night there is a gentle throbbing which lulls you to sleep, but you will probably wake up when the ship enters port and starts docking maneuvers. Then the changes in the prop noise is quite alarming, but in a few minutes everything stops, and you can go back to sleep knowing you have arrived safely at your next port of call.