cape liberty sailing

NurseBPS

what has your experience been leaving from cape liberty this time of year? We leave on 5/8 to bermuda, wondering if the weather is generally cooler? wondering if I need to pack warmer clothes?

what has your experience been leaving from cape liberty this time of year? We leave on 5/8 to bermuda, wondering if the weather is generally cooler? wondering if I need to pack warmer clothes?

I would recommend a light jacket. We just got off of the Summit on sunday and it was in the high 40's and raining. until Saturday morning it was in the 70's outside (we passed thru a cold front on our passage from Bermuda to Bayonne).

Steve

I would recommend a light jacket. We just got off of the Summit on sunday and it was in the high 40's and raining. until Saturday morning it was in the 70's outside (we passed thru a cold front on our passage from Bermuda to Bayonne).

Steve

Thanks for the info! How were your first 2 days at sea? Were you able to get outside and felt warm enough for bathing suits?

Thanks for the info! How were your first 2 days at sea? Were you able to get outside and felt warm enough for bathing suits?

I have sailed out of Bayonne on a winter cruise in Jan.

The first day, obviously, was not a pool day, but that didn't stop us from enjoying the hot tub with a robe handy.

The second day we were in bathing suits by the pool.

I think you'll be fine in May, but the weather here in NY is rainy and cool for most of this week.

The forecast for Sunday is possible showers, in the 60's, so I would probably pack a light sweater or jacket. I don't think you need anything warmer than that.

Enjoy your cruise!