Best time to arrive at Miami port for embarkation

alsa

Hello! i have read lots of different stories about the best time to arrive at Miami port to board our ship. I have recently watched you-tube videos where people arrive before 10am and are allowed on the ship. I know that you sometimes get a boarding time from your cruise line but just wondered if people actually listen to this! Basically i am so excited to board that the earlier the better! :) Any advice and experiences that you can share would be fantastic.

I have always arrived at the port about 11:15am, always been on the ship within a half an hour of my arrival. I will be cruising from the POM in the near future and will keep my same time of arrival.

Regardless of the port and the cruise line I am sailing, I am always there by 10:30AM. The lone exception was when we sailed out of San Juan, and only because it sailed at 8:00PM and there was no need to get there that early!

We sailed on the Reflection out of Miami in March and arrived around 10:15 am. We were checked in around 10:40 and allowed to board at 11:00. It worked out great as we were able to enjoy lunch, drinks and settle in to our cabins before the muster drill. It felt like having an extra day on board.

Like the idea of 10.15 - suppose depends how tired we are as we are flying in from the UK! [emoji42]. Great comments - lots of options! [emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Like the idea of 10.15 - suppose depends how tired we are as we are flying in from the UK! [emoji42]. Great comments - lots of options! [emoji106]🏻

Are you flying in the same day as departure or a day early? We usually fly the day ahead because 1) I'm a serious control freak and 2) if we're going from bad weather to good weather, why not grab an extra day :D

We usually stay in a hotel that provides airport and cruise ship transportation and arrive at the POM around Noon which gets us on board by 1:00. Only downside for our last cruise was that the buffet was the only place open and it was mobbed!!! If you're in C class or higher you might have an option of MDR or Bistro on 5.

Beware! If there is a need for a deep clean (these seem to have happened quite frequently recently) you may not be able to board until after 1pm. This happened to us last month. Although we had notification of a possibly delayed boarding, we arrived at the port in Miami soon after 11am as we had a hotel transfer booked - but couldn't board until well after 1pm. If you get an email from X in the days leading up to your cruise saying that boarding may be delayed for some reason, take note!

Regardless of the port and the cruise line I am sailing, I am always there by 10:30AM. The lone exception was when we sailed out of San Juan, and only because it sailed at 8:00PM and there was no need to get there that early!

I'm with Kevin - an early bird. :D However the lines are longer early as we all want on board.