36 Hour Halloween Sale

camper49

I was planning on booking the 2/1 Dream cruise but this sealed the deal. I have only had a guaranty balcony before and was quite happy with the assignment. Hoping for similar luck this time around.

Bummer...early saver can't price match to the Halloween Sale since the sale is only for guarantee cabins. I couldn't even upgrade on the same ship with an oceanview showing cheaper under the sale than I paid for inside under early saver.

Es does price match. We just did it yesterday. My Pvp says once Es always Es. You would just have to go to an unassigned cabin.

I am pretty sure the Upper/Lowers are included. Which is another reason I won't part with my 4E. So I spend a couple hundred more. At least I know the cabin I am in. :)

whats the price of the ocean views for your sailing?

I just went I to a guarantee room and saved over $1000!! We had two interior rooms so we aren't giving up anything special.

two cabins next to other--- probably will not be happening. but for a 1000 who cares

Edited by serene56

two cabins next to other--- probably will not be happening. but for a 1000 who cares

This is the only thing keeping me from switching to this sale. I would also be saving $600.00 for my 3 cabins, but not sure I want to risk my young adult kids not being close by. I wonder if CCL even lets you book GTY cabins when travelling with children.

This is the only thing keeping me from switching to this sale. I would also be saving $600.00 for my 3 cabins, but not sure I want to risk my young adult kids not being close by. I wonder if CCL even lets you book GTY cabins when travelling with children.

if under 21 an adult that is 24 or over must be in the cabin-- so you gotta be booked in one with kids-- and honey in the other cabin with kids-- and the 3rd cabin-- cant go---LOL

Edited by serene56

Just a question.

I have ES and just saved over 700 dollars on my March 8th Cruise. I was scheduled for a cove balcony. The question is, When will I know what room they assign me??

March 7th--- You can be assigned any time after final payment-- but its more likly between 2 days and 30 days out

Are you ok with NOT getting a cove?

if under 21 an adult that is 24 or over must be in the cabin-- so you gotta be booked in one with kids-- and honey in the other cabin with kids-- and the 3rd cabin-- cant go---LOL

DH & I are currently booked in separate cabins, and oldest children are 22, so I don't think it applies. But at that point, they probably don't care about keeping our group together under a GTY :( Oh well, I wasn't willing to give up the L-shaped balcony, but thought about switching the interiors to GTY's.

Just a question.

I have ES and just saved over 700 dollars on my March 8th Cruise. I was scheduled for a cove balcony. The question is, When will I know what room they assign me??

From what I've been reading, it can be anywhere from 5 weeks out to the day of.

DH & I are currently booked in separate cabins, and oldest children are 22, so I don't think it applies. But at that point, they probably don't care about keeping our group together under a GTY :( Oh well, I wasn't willing to give up the L-shaped balcony, but thought about switching the interiors to GTY's.

it doesnt apply since you are in a cabin close by. is someone in the cabin under 21.. ? If all the kids are 21 or over its a good shot-- You could save some serious bucks

it doesnt apply since you are in a cabin close by. is someone in the cabin under 21.. ? If all the kids are 21 or over its a good shot-- You could save some serious bucks

I think it's worth a phone call to CCL and ask more about how they handle GTY for families with 2+ cabins.

March 7th--- You can be assigned any time after final payment-- but its more likly between 2 days and 30 days out

Are you ok with NOT getting a cove?

I'm ok with not getting a cove, aslong as its a balcony

After talking with CCL and them saying that there is definitely no guarantee about cabins being anywhere in the vicinity of the othres, I've decided to stay put. Yes, we would save $400 for switching 2 interior cabins, but not worth the peace of mind.

I can't wait for this sale to end so I don't have to contemplate this any more!!!!!

After talking with CCL and them saying that there is definitely no guarantee about cabins being anywhere in the vicinity of the othres, I've decided to stay put. Yes, we would save $400 for switching 2 interior cabins, but not worth the peace of mind.

I can't wait for this sale to end so I don't have to contemplate this any more!!!!!

it ends at midnight-- and its not even offered for either of my cruises.

it ends at midnight-- and its not even offered for either of my cruises.

I just did it....gave up an aft wrap balcony but saved $2400 between 2 rooms. It was a no brainer for that amount of money.

Holy smokes! With the money you save and the sale, you could go on a couple more cruises for $2,400.00! When do you sail? I will be curious to hear how booking 2 GTY cabins worked out and how close they were to one another.

Holy smokes! With the money you save and the sale, you could go on a couple more cruises for $2,400.00! When do you sail? I will be curious to hear how booking 2 GTY cabins worked out and how close they were to one another.

That was my thought...that's enough for another cruise! We sail Dec. 28 on the Dream. My situation is similar to yours...the other cabin is my 18 year old son and a friend who is 19, and I hesitated because I don't want us split up - but he's very mature and I will be ok if he is farther away from us- although I suspect because of the his age Carnival will keep us close together. I'll let you know as soon as our rooms are assigned.

Edited by hannahouse

We've gotten lucky twice on our cruise. Our first set of GTYs were side-by-side balconies and our second set were also. We were hoping for that outcome, but we were prepared to be on two separate sides of the ship.

I hate myself for not checking on prices like I normally do. I missed out on this sale. Even though I couldn't have lowered my price, I would have been able to change 3 inside rooms to 3 ocean view rooms. :( I missed it by a few minutes as I was waiting on the phone for a rep. Arg!