36 Hour Halloween Sale

camper49

Bummer...early saver can't price match to the Halloween Sale since the sale is only for guarantee cabins. I couldn't even upgrade on the same ship with an oceanview showing cheaper under the sale than I paid for inside under early saver.
It has been reported on the boards that you can price match to the GTY cabins under ES, but you will have to give up your assigned cabin and it may have to be approved by a supervisor, but people have done it according to multiple posts. If you do decide to go for the OV GTY upgrade, remember that you may get stuck under the galley.

yes!

I went for it! On our very first cruise ever (2207) we had a balcony QTY - I knew nothing about what this meant and never even gave it a thought - we had a great room! Had no idea we could have ended up with anything different till I started reading cruise critic. Hope this one turns out good too!

For $300 I am willing to give up one of our random interior cabins and lose ES (highly doubt it will go much less than $230pp ($240 +$10OBC pp) for a 6 night on Breeze but are the upper/lower's included in the interior GTY's? That's a deal breaker unfortunately :(

My parents saved money on the previous 12hour sale they had a few weeks ago by changing to an inside QTY - they were told the QTY rooms do NOT include the upper/lowers....

If I were you, for that much savings I would just call them and talk to someone - that way you can get a direct for sure answer!!

Edited by zoiebear

I booked my first 4J on the Lido deck, but gave it up for this sale. I've never had the 4J and was pretty excited to try it, but I couldn't pass up the balcony! The price for me was the same, and I get $20 OBC! This will be my first experience with a guarantee, so hopefully it will be a good one.

I am booked ES, and she told me that I do not lose my price protection!

that is interesting because you cannot get an ES with a GTY cabin. Please let us know if you get any price reductions if the GTY rate drops. Because from what I've heard from people who have switched is once over in GTY, ES goes away.

I've never hear of a "QTY" room. Are you referring to a "Guarantee" room (GTY)? Just making sure I'm not missing something.

LOL - thats funny - yes... GTY... I thought that didnt look right, but I do work with invoicing and use QTY alot (for quantity)!! Still laughing... :D:D:D

that is interesting because you cannot get an ES with a GTY cabin. Please let us know if you get any price reductions if the GTY rate drops. Because from what I've heard from people who have switched is once over in GTY, ES goes away.

This is true, you cannot stay ES if you switch. There was a long, lengthy, and sometimes not so nice conversation about this before. The person was told they would maintain their ES rate when switching to GTY and insisted I and others were wrong in telling her this was not the case.

Well, the price dropped again, she called, and was told that because she switched from ES to GTY, then she was no longer eligible for price drops and she was rather bummed because the price on the GTY had dropped. Here is the final result they posted. I didn't include the previous thread where this issue was "debated", just the end result. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2112564

We are currently booked in 5 assigned cabins under ES... if we switch to GTY cabins under this sale, we would save approximately $1,000.00 total. As tempting as this sounds, my concern would be if we would be us being spread all over the ship. Can we request that GTY cabins be kept in the same vicinity or is it a craps shoot? For the $1,000.00 savings not sure what to do!

We don't know what to do. This sale would save us almost $1k but only if we give up our what I think is a 4J. I told hubby I will only do it if we upgrade to a balcony. Won't save us much (maybe $25 plus the OBC). But we would have a balcony. But our current cabin is one that is slightly bigger than an interior and it has a picture window. We're torn.

Edited by Beachiekeen

We are currently booked in 5 assigned cabins under ES... if we switch to GTY cabins under this sale, we would save approximately $1,000.00 total. As tempting as this sounds, my concern would be if we would be us being spread all over the ship. Can we request that GTY cabins be kept in the same vicinity or is it a craps shoot? For the $1,000.00 savings not sure what to do!

Hey Rye, I think the odds are you would be spread throughout the ship. You should give Carnival a call and ask them. But I would be surprised if there are 5 cabins within close proximity when they assign them.

Steve

I am so excited. I decided over the weekend I wanted to surprise DH with a few days in New Orleans and a 4 day cruise for his birthday. I was going to wait, but then I got the email for this. The fare is 1/2 what it was yesterday. $150 for a OV GTY! I don't care if the cabin is in the Captain's lap at this price! Wahooooo!

There is also $20 OBC! Enough for a few cocktails!

Edited by Can'tWait2SetSail

We don't know what to do. This sale would save us almost $1k but only if we give up our what I think is a 4J. I told hubby I will only do it if we upgrade to a balcony. Won't save us much (maybe $25 plus the OBC). But we would have a balcony. But our current cabin is one that is slightly bigger than an interior and it has a picture window. We're torn.

We have had the 4J but not a balcony. It depends on how much time you would spend in the cabin. And being in the front of the ship, there is a deck right outside your cabin with benches. For me, since we don't spend a lot of time in the cabin, I would keep the 4J.

Hey Rye, I think the odds are you would be spread throughout the ship. You should give Carnival a call and ask them. But I would be surprised if there are 5 cabins within close proximity when they assign them.

Steve

Decisions, decisions, decisions.... the sales seem to keep getting better. I am thinking we will stay put and hope for an ES price reduction in the upcoming weeks... with final payment being due November 11th, think I'm gonna pass up on this one.

:DJust booked a balcony guarantee for $1277 it was over $2500 yesterday!! Can you see me doing the happy dance!! So glad I waited before booking my Christmas cruise. I'm in TOTAL SHOCK!!!!:eek::D:eek::D:

I've gotten only 2 price drops prior to final payment, each on a different cruises. All the rest were after final payment. And on the previous cruise, all within 10 days of the cruise. For my next cruise, I have been getting them from about day 60 inward. Still 5 weeks to go.

:DJust booked a balcony guarantee for $1277 it was over $2500 yesterday!! Can you see me doing the happy dance!! So glad I waited before booking my Christmas cruise. I'm in TOTAL SHOCK!!!!:eek::D:eek::D:

Wow, that's great! So happy for everyone that can take advantage of the sales! I wish they would put something out for May of 2015 like maybe some nice solo deals. I think I'm going to be traveling alone again this time.

congrats.. it pays to check daily :)

Same here, our cruise on the Valor leaving December 28th dropped substantially, but I will not give up our Panorama deck balcony for a GTY. I will just know I got a god rate when I booked it and keep watching the deals for the next 56 days. For one one who hasn't booked the rates are very good.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I only book if I think the rate is good. If not, I won't book it, it is not worth the money. An example is on the Pride repo cruise. Booked it in the first week at 900/person for a 4D. Now, the price is over 1400. At 900 it was a good deal and I doubt I will see a price drop. At 1400, I wouldn't book it.