36 Hour Halloween Sale

camper49

Thank you so much! Is there somewhere on the Carnival site where I could find that info?

http://www.carnival.com/legal/specials-terms-conditions.aspx

It says nontransferable, however, I just cancelled an ES booking, and you can in fact transfer the deposit to anyone they just don't advertise it. I had them send me the form because I wanted to see it for myself. They deduct a $20 admin free from the balance at that time.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I think you got lucky or someone screwed up. Check your invoice to make sure everything is as you think it is. Recently they have gotten very strict on adhering to the rules. [/color]

I just got the price drop invoice and it all appears in order (correct pricing and OBC). I wish they would decide what rules they are playing by and stick with it because it is a bit distressing to read the "tales of CSR woe". We booked in June (just made ES).

http://www.carnival.com/legal/specials-terms-conditions.aspx

It says nontransferable, however, I just cancelled an ES booking, and you can in fact transfer the deposit to anyone they just don't advertise it. I had them send me the form because I wanted to see it for myself. They deduct a $20 admin free from the balance at that time.

Thanks again!

I just got the price drop invoice and it all appears in order (correct pricing and OBC). I wish they would decide what rules they are playing by and stick with it because it is a bit distressing to read the "tales of CSR woe". We booked in June (just made ES).

I TOTALLY agree. But congrats and enjoy your savings :D

Bummer...early saver can't price match to the Halloween Sale since the sale is only for guarantee cabins. I couldn't even upgrade on the same ship with an oceanview showing cheaper under the sale than I paid for inside under early saver.

I upgraded from my PT cabin to an OV Gty and saved $100 on a 4-day Inspiration cruise. I'm currently booked solo so I really don't care where the cabin is. If my friends join me, they won't care either. And I am ES also, not sure why you can't? My PVP told me all the pros & cons and I made the decision to risk it.

You can switch your ES to a GTY with no problem, but then you have the GTY and are not eligible to get any additional price drops.

My PVP said I wasn't eligible for price drops UNTIL my cabin had been assigned and then if there was a drop I could still take advantage of it.

what to do??? We booked just last Thursday, after taking advantage of the Past Cruiser promo.

We paid $1000 for 2, cat 4D on 6th deck on the Glory (Feb 7th)

Do we forfeit 6th deck to take a chance of any of deck 1 or 2? It is a fraction of the price, but to not know where we'd be?? And any cancellation cost for us?

AHH - why did I look into that email ???

I am assuming that you're close to final payment. The cost of your new cruise would be 770.62. You would save 230, but you would give up your 4D for the GTY. It's a no brainer. Do it. Is it worth 230 just to not be down on the Riv or Main deck? I would use that 230 towards excursions or drinks. Besides, you may be lucky and not be down on deck 1 or 2.

Thanks for the response. I'm going to have to give them a call sometime later tonight or tomorrow and look into it. If we give up our assigned 4H to go into the GTY pool, we would save 238.00 between the two of us. As long as my 150 in OBC stays as is and does not get reduced to the 20 in OBC with this promotion, it is something to consider. Otherwise, the 130 in OBC reduction would make the savings only 108.00.

Please report back and let us know the outcome :)
OK...just got off the phone with Carnival. We kept our ES status. We lost only 30 in OBC. We had 50 from the last promo and 100 from a supervisor as a courtesy. We lost the 50 and gained the 20 from the Halloween sale. So, we're at 120 in OBC. Our rate went from a 4H @ 409 to the GTY @ 290. We ended up saving 208 and gave up our 4H for the GTY. Because of my Platinum status, I'm sure that we will not be stuck down on the Riv or Main decks. So right now we're at 407 pp including taxes for an eight day cruise and we have 120 in OBC, so it's really 347 pp. So, 43.50 a day. Can't complain. Now, if Cheers would only revert back to 37.50 a day.....

I booked my first 4J on the Lido deck, but gave it up for this sale. I've never had the 4J and was pretty excited to try it, but I couldn't pass up the balcony! The price for me was the same, and I get $20 OBC! This will be my first experience with a guarantee, so hopefully it will be a good one.

I am booked ES, and she told me that I do not lose my price protection!

I have been told the same by my PVP. I will not lose price protection, moved from 4G to GTY balcony. Saved $20 and got $20 obc. My first balcony. Super excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So much misinformation on here! :rolleyes: Unfortunately, due to inconsistencies on Carnival's part with implementing their own rules, it's unlikely to change anytime soon! I feel sorry for the people that have given up ES and are still expecting further price drops because it's not likely to happen.

OK...just got off the phone with Carnival. We kept our ES status. We lost only 30 in OBC. We had 50 from the last promo and 100 from a supervisor as a courtesy. We lost the 50 and gained the 20 from the Halloween sale. So, we're at 120 in OBC. Our rate went from a 4H @ 409 to the GTY @ 290. We ended up saving 208 and gave up our 4H for the GTY. Because of my Platinum status, I'm sure that we will not be stuck down on the Riv or Main decks. So right now we're at 407 pp including taxes for an eight day cruise and we have 120 in OBC, so it's really 347 pp. So, 43.50 a day. Can't complain. Now, if Cheers would only revert back to 37.50 a day.....

Don't count on that! I'm also platinum and once I booked an inside GTY and got R246 - Riviera deck, the aft-most cabin (leading my husband to declare we were bunking in the shipass. LOL)

Had a great cruise, too. :)

Are certain sailings not eligible? We have the Nov 2015 sailing on the Breeze and I can't get the guarantee rate to come up...?
It's 13 months out and you have some great options with your ES rate. You can pick any inside cabin on the ship for 379, including Lido deck or you can pick cabin 2485, which is a L shape deluxe ocean view for 479. There are only 4 of them on the ship and it's the last one available.

Don't count on that! I'm also platinum and once I booked an inside GTY and got R246 - Riviera deck, the aft-most cabin (leading my husband to declare we were bunking in the shipass. LOL)

Had a great cruise, too. :)

If your DH was flatulent, then he had a built in excuse. ;)

Bummer...early saver can't price match to the Halloween Sale since the sale is only for guarantee cabins. I couldn't even upgrade on the same ship with an oceanview showing cheaper under the sale than I paid for inside under early saver.

Yes, me too. I have booked with a travel agent, and not directly with Carnival. I tried to take advantage of the sale price, and was told I could not cancel my "National Cruise Week" booking without forfeiting the $400 deposit. Without that condition, I could have saved almost $400. It doesn't seem right----and it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth about Carnival "policies."

We are on the Valor Repositioning cruise in March. We were booked in an inside and were able to upgrade to a balcony for $11 per person more but got $20 OBC so upgrading from an inside to a balcony for basically $1 per person..... no brainer. The rate for a balcony gtd on this is $300 pp very happy here. 1 day in SJ followed by a 5 night cruise a day to rest then 2 days at Disney!!!! only having to book air to San Juan one way was a big saver also!!!