GTY Inside- Upper/Lower?

new2cruising2006

I've heard it is quite rare that those get assigned on GTY's. They'd have to be fresh out of all other cabins. Not to mention, on some sailings the 1A's are actually quite popular because they're a good value. Personally, have never heard of anyone being assigned a 1A on GTY (not saying it doesn't happen though).

Canadian J is absolute spot on! Yes, it's possible that you could get a 1A with GTY, but it's not likely at all, due to the fact that lots of people, like me, LOVE 1A cabins when sailing SOLO. GREAT bargains for us. Therefor they are almost always sold out. I've booked a lot of GTY inside cabins, and have never been assigned anything lower than a 4A. ;)

"SKY"

I just got off the phone with pvp at carnival and took the halloween sale offer and was told would not get upper/lower cabin. Would get inside with king bed.

tsk tsk

sometimes the agents do not always know the correct answer.

Believe people here before you believe what a PVP tells you

Edited by serene56

I just got off the phone with pvp at carnival and took the halloween sale offer and was told would not get upper/lower cabin. Would get inside with king bed.

I would want this in writing if I were you. I had friends who booked an inside guarantee and they were given bunk beds and not happy.

We all know how well knowledgeable Carnival employees are:rolleyes:....that is why I say I would want it in writing.

We asked yesterday when getting the price drop for the Halloween sale and were told yes it does include the upper/lowers and my husband even joked to the rep that I would be sleeping on the top bunk. So we booked an OV just to be safe. But our single friend that is traveling with us kept an interior because like others have said, it's a great deal for him--he saved almost $700.