Luggage valet

Supplyman

Is anyone else troubled by the end of the luggage valet service? It was one of the things that made getting off the ship easy. X has not had a good reason for ending it. X days it's TSA,then they say it's because of damage to bags, then insufficient use is the problem. How about a straight answer.

If you search for the 2 previous threads you will see that everyone who used it is upset that it is no longer offered. One reason given was that the vendor did not renew the contract and perhaps Celebrity is looking for a new vendor.

I'm hoping it will be back for the Caribbean sailing season from Florida.

Very bothered by it:mad:. Due to medical issues this service is very valuable to us. Because of it, we cancelled our 11/20 cruise on the Silhouette and booked 11/20 cruise with Princess who offers this service:). What makes no sense is Celebrity seems to be the only cruiseline that dropped it for whatever reason they give:confused: Agree, Celebrity needs to be honest and give their passengers a straight answer

Edited by Happy2cruise

After I emailed Celebrity a few days ago about its cancelation of the luggage valet program, a customer service representative called and spoke with me. The representative was very nice, very apologetic and believed it was a business decision to discontinue the service. The representative hoped that the company was looking for a replacement for EBags, which had been providing that service. I was told that customer feedback could impact the decision to resurrect what had been a popular program with many cruisers, since it made disembarkation and post cruise travel much easier and less stressful. I was also told that though Celebrity and other cruise lines monitor social media, direct contact by its customers is much more likely to impact business decisions than anonymous online postings. Telephone calls, letters and emails (like mine) are categorized and reports/findings are relayed up the corporate ladder. So if you’d like the post-cruise luggage valet service to return, contact Celebrity and tell them directly. The contact information is at the bottom of Celebrity’s home page under the header “Customer Support”. Click on “Contact Us” to locate the phone number, mailing address and email contact info. Better yet, here is the link to that page https://secure.celebritycruises.com/contact-us/contact-us-domestic?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_11Q4_web_hp_ftr_custsupport

My guess it was offered too cheap. $20 just seems inexpensive for the 3rd party to make any profit. i'm sure Celebrity takes 1/2 of that. So $10pp, i just cant see how they made money. Did rccl suspend this as well?

If you search for the 2 previous threads you will see that everyone who used it is upset that it is no longer offered. One reason given was that the vendor did not renew the contract and perhaps Celebrity is looking for a new vendor.

I'm hoping it will be back for the Caribbean sailing season from Florida.

Celebrity did not renew their contract with the vendor.

Not the other way around.

As far as I know, Celebrity is the ONLY cruiseline that has cancelled this program! :(

After I emailed Celebrity a few days ago about its cancelation of the luggage valet program, a customer service representative called and spoke with me. The representative was very nice, very apologetic and believed it was a business decision to discontinue the service. The representative hoped that the company was looking for a replacement for EBags, which had been providing that service. I was told that customer feedback could impact the decision to resurrect what had been a popular program with many cruisers, since it made disembarkation and post cruise travel much easier and less stressful. I was also told that though Celebrity and other cruise lines monitor social media, direct contact by its customers is much more likely to impact business decisions than anonymous online postings. Telephone calls, letters and emails (like mine) are categorized and reports/findings are relayed up the corporate ladder. So if you’d like the post-cruise luggage valet service to return, contact Celebrity and tell them directly. The contact information is at the bottom of Celebrity’s home page under the header “Customer Support”. Click on “Contact Us” to locate the phone number, mailing address and email contact info. Better yet, here is the link to that page https://secure.celebritycruises.com/contact-us/contact-us-domestic?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_11Q4_web_hp_ftr_custsupport

Domestic link:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/contact-us/contact-us-domestic?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_11Q4_web_hp

PLEASE email, write or call if you would like this program reinstated!

Just an addition: It took me 5 tries to get an email form that would actually "send".

(Have to love Celebrity's IT :( )

Maybe this link will work better:

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/contact-us/contact-us-domestic?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_11Q4_web_hp_ftr_custsupport

Edited by chamima

Very bothered by it:mad:. Due to medical issues this service is very valuable to us. Because of it, we cancelled our 11/20 cruise on the Silhouette and booked 11/20 cruise with Princess who offers this service:). What makes no sense is Celebrity seems to be the only cruiseline that dropped it for whatever reason they give:confused: Agree, Celebrity needs to be honest and give their passengers a straight answer

You should write Celebrity.....

Is anyone else troubled by the end of the luggage valet service?.

No.

We most of the time stay over an extra day.

When flying out the day of, we book 9:30 - 10:00 am flights, to early, not offered.

We fly Southwest and they were not participating in the program, so again, not available.

You should write Celebrity.....

I did call and the rep was surprised that it was dropped and assured me she would forward my complaint to the appropriate department. I just think the way Celebrity did it was lacking any concerns for their passengers.....no warning at all.....just stop it!

Edited by Happy2cruise

I did call and the rep was surprised that it was dropped and assured me she would forward my complaint to the appropriate department. I just think the way Celebrity did it was lacking any concerns for their passengers.....no warning at all.....just stop it!

Maybe a lack of orientation by Celebrity for its front liners needs to be addressed.