3:45pm Flight out of FLL

jack300s

Cruise ship comes back to POM on a Friday. Our flight out of FLL leaves at 3:45pm.

Looking for some advice.

Should we just go to the airport and hang out? I'm thinking that we would get there about 11:00 or 12:00 after getting off the ship, shuttle to the airport, etc.

Is it possible to go to the airport check our luggage and leave for a couple of hours? Lunch, etc. any trolleys or light rail to and from the airport?

Thanks for any help...

Cruise ship comes back to POM on a Friday. Our flight out of FLL leaves at 3:45pm.

Looking for some advice.

Should we just go to the airport and hang out? I'm thinking that we would get there about 11:00 or 12:00 after getting off the ship, shuttle to the airport, etc.

Is it possible to go to the airport check our luggage and leave for a couple of hours? Lunch, etc. any trolleys or light rail to and from the airport?

Thanks for any help...

Use Bags to go and check your bags, then grab a cab to Las Olas, walk around, shop, have a nice long lunch.

Head back to the airport around 1:45.

Check the NCL excursions for Florida. There should be a couple NCL-offered excursions. You'll claim your bags and go through security and then out to the NCL bus where you'll give your bags to the bus driver, get a tour of Miami or the Everglades, after which the bus will drop off you and your luggage at the FLL airport.

It's an easy way to relax on your travel day and not have to hassle your bags all day. Gives you something to do and transportation from the port to the airport.

Here's a link what's offered for our cruise: NCL Excursions.

Edited by candydane
Add our excursions.

Two problems with ship post excursions....

..they will have you back at the airport by 12:30-12:45. So you still have hours to wait.

...You could rent a car in the morning and do your own thing and get yourself to FLL on your own cheaper than the ship excursion. And more fun.

Use Bags to go and check your bags, then grab a cab to Las Olas, walk around, shop, have a nice long lunch.

Head back to the airport around 1:45.

Good idea if they were disembarking in Port Everg. They are arriving in POM. ;)

I would do one of two things.

Either just be one of the last off the ship and then make your way over to the airport and have lunch there and bring something to read.

Or look at a ships tour and then have lunch at the airport.

You could rent a car and drive around a bit but if it was me I would go with one of the two options. Personally, I would just leave the ship in the last group.

Keith

We've arrived at the POM and had a late flight, ~3pm, from FLL before. Usually we head straight to FLL and check our luggage curbside then grab a cab to Las Olas. We spend a few hours browsing the stores and having lunch then grab a cab back to FLL.

For our cruise coming up in October we have a 3:08pm flight and plan on doing the same. Although this time it's Port Everglades.