Why NOT Freeport?

kcdancerkc

I have seen the most beautiful beach - in the top 5 - of 20+ islands

Hubby didn't get to see it

Its hard to find --- all the lines seems to have scaled wayyyy back

to go there.

Is there some news about Freeport???

Gold Rock Beach is a bucket list I want to have again!! :) :)

I see all the lines are still daily going to Nassau but not Freeport.

Are the under construction or something?

Please, if you haven't been there to Gold Rock

-- don't slam the port --- its worth it!

Thanks!

When we stopped in Freeport, we would have liked to have seen Gold Rock Beach- but didn't have a long enough stop.

Went to Our Lucaya, which was fine.

Grand Bahama Island has several good sites and excursions. Hope more ships stop there in the future.

We were there in December with Carnival and took the national park/Gold Rock Beach tour. Absolutely worth it; I would love to go back and spend a few nights on the island to get a longer experience at Gold Rock Beach. I don't even get off the ship in Nassau, but we love Freeport.

I had the absolute best time in Freeport! We did an independent tour through Calabash Eco Tours and it was top notch. Shamie, the owner, is a native of Freeport and extremely knowledgeable. We did cavern snorkeling at Owls Hole, went to Lucaya National park and to Banana Bay restaurant right on the water with time to splash and play. Shamie took pics the whole time and posted then to his Facebook page so we could tag ourselves and have a great photo album free of charge! And he had us back to the ship with plenty of time to spare. I couldn't rave enough for him! I wish my next Bahamian trip would stop there, but alas, it's just Nassau.. :(

place we love there in Freeport, it's a great place to go to...

wish our November cruise was going there instead of NASSAU!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

we are going on the Grandeur for the first time and this trip is more about being a new ship rather than the itinerary..

Nina from Baltimore

I had the absolute best time in Freeport! We did an independent tour through Calabash Eco Tours and it was top notch. Shamie, the owner, is a native of Freeport and extremely knowledgeable. We did cavern snorkeling at Owls Hole, went to Lucaya National park and to Banana Bay restaurant right on the water with time to splash and play. Shamie took pics the whole time and posted then to his Facebook page so we could tag ourselves and have a great photo album free of charge! And he had us back to the ship with plenty of time to spare. I couldn't rave enough for him! I wish my next Bahamian trip would stop there, but alas, it's just Nassau.. :(

Thank you!!! We went to Freeport on our first anniversary and I fell in LOVE with the beach there! That's when we decided we were taking my teenage boys on a cruise for our next family vacation. That was eight years ago. We're stopping Freeport on our upcoming cruise (30 year class reunion, oh me.) And I didn't know what we were going to do that day. Now I know!! We'll be there from 12pm to7pm. Thanks!

We cruise a lot and this November will be the first time our ship has Freeport on it's itinerary. We had to do a 4 day cruise in order to get there too! I'm looking forward to it. We have never been to Freeport and will be going to Paradise Cove/Deadmans reef.