Questions...Late June cruise?

OfTheSeasCruiser

I'm completely uninformed regarding cruises to Canada/NE because I've never been able to consider them due to most only being offered in the fall... Royal Caribbean recently put out their new itineraries for 2016, and I noticed that the Grandeur of the Seas is sailing a few 9 nighters throughout the summer. Is it worth it to go in the summer or will I be missing things by not going in the fall? I see some whale watching excursions and what not when browsing, but are they offered in the summer? Or are they just fall things when the cruise ships are there? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

I'm completely uninformed regarding cruises to Canada/NE because I've never been able to consider them due to most only being offered in the fall... Royal Caribbean recently put out their new itineraries for 2016, and I noticed that the Grandeur of the Seas is sailing a few 9 nighters throughout the summer. Is it worth it to go in the summer or will I be missing things by not going in the fall? I see some whale watching excursions and what not when browsing, but are they offered in the summer? Or are they just fall things when the cruise ships are there? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

I think that's exciting news for folks who can easily cruise out if Baltimore. I never understood the appeal of sailing New England after Labor Day - fall foliage is great, but IMO it is best seen from a land trip. The weather is as warm as it gets in July and August. As soon as Labor Day hits near Boston, there is a noticeable chill in the air at night. I've done a road trip to Portland, Halifax and Bar Harbor at the end of August and it was chilly at night - kids thought the motel pools were cold.

Whale watching is not limited to the fall. Bar Harbor will be in full swing. Boston will have the usual activities, but much better weather. I don't think you will miss anything. In fact your chances of missing Bar Harbor due to fog are much less as well as your chances of overall poor weather.

You being from the Philadelphia area, you can experience the fall foliage anywhere you want. I'm sure it is nice in NE and Canada, but it is also just as nice here in NY and in PA. If you cannot make the fall, summer will do just fine.

We sailed the Carnival Glory in July a year or so ago, and except for the darn fog we had a great time. But that fog will be there whenever you go, more so in the fall with the warmer days and cooler nights.

Summer is great time to go as it gives you some relief from the summer heat, everything is green and flowers are in bloom.

Just book it and enjoy.

Cheers

Len

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

By all means, June is a fine time to travel to Canada/NE. Early June could be chilly mornings but warming by lunch time. Late June has good chance of warmer weather. Of course, no one can promise as to weather. I've done Canada/NE cruises over and over and over and never tire of them. They are wonderful, IMO.