Newbie please help

hi all

I am due to set sail on my first cruise on Saturday. 😀😬 please could you help me with a few questions

1. We have pre paid gratuities but do we have to pay extra on top when we order drinks? (We have a drinks package)

2. May be a silly question but what do people wear for embarking the ship? Smart casual?

Thank you in advance

1. We have pre paid gratuities but do we have to pay extra on top when we order drinks? (We have a drinks package) ...

You would only pay gratuity when you order a drink if that drink costs more than the package allowance. In that case you would pay the difference between the cost of the drink and the package allowance, plus 18%.

You would only pay gratuity when you order a drink if that drink costs more than the package allowance. In that case you would pay the difference between the cost of the drink and the package allowance, plus 18%.

Crikey it's a bit confusing. We got a deluxe drinks package included in our cruise. Have I already paid the gratuities for this in with my amount I have already paid?

Crikey it's a bit confusing. We got a deluxe drinks package included in our cruise. Have I already paid the gratuities for this in with my amount I have already paid?

Your drink package will include drinks up to $12 - $14 (amount depends on the ship). The amount you have already paid includes gratuities for all drinks below the limit.

However, if you order a drink that exceeds the package limit, you would pay gratuity on that difference.

For example. Assume your package limit is $12. You order a drink that costs $15. You pay $3.54 ($3 plus 18%).

If you bought s drink pkg, the tip is included in the pkg. We will tip a dollar or two on top of tip if we have a very good server

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your drink package will include drinks up to $12 - $14 (amount depends on the ship). The amount you have already paid includes gratuities for all drinks below the limit.

However, if you order a drink that exceeds the package limit, you would pay gratuity on that difference.

For example. Assume your package limit is $12. You order a drink that costs $15. You pay $3.54 ($3 plus 18%).

Ah!! Great thanks

We never tip "per drink" whether it's a package or not if we are sitting there having more than 1 drink! We tip when we leave, if we feel the included tip isn't sufficient. Personally, I think 18% for opening a beer or pouring a glass of wine or a simple drink is quite enough! If we take up bar space for a while, we will tip a few bucks upon leaving.

For boarding the ship, I wear my bathing suit under my shorts, so I can head straight to the pool without finding somewhere to change...you cabin won't be ready until around 1pm.

When you purchase a beverage package they add an 18% gratuity. If you have a bar or bartender you like I recommend tipping them extra. We get a bunch of singles and carry some "bartender" money with us on the ship. They will take good care of you! Boarding is up to you. I wear a sun dress and bathing suit, fiance wears swim shorts and a tee shirt. It's pretty casual the first day.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Just a note to clarify: The 18% is added automatically, whether it's on the package price, or the difference in price between an included drink and the upcharge, or whatever. You'll never have to calculate it.

Just a note to clarify: The 18% is added automatically, whether it's on the package price, or the difference in price between an included drink and the upcharge, or whatever. You'll never have to calculate it.

Good point.

I think it's very nice of the cruise line to help us by automatically computing and adding charges.;):p

You pay the tip in the drink package. I bring some singles with me and if someone brings a drink to me, or makes me something special. Or is a bar I will go to a lot I tip them a dollar cash....went thru maybe 20 the whole cruise and got service quickly and easily.

For embarkation shorts and t shirts are normal. You can dress up if you want but most people just wear cool and comfortable clothing. Some people wear their swimwear under there clothing to hit the pool first thing. We bring it in a back pack.