Television Programme

babs135

Thanks, I didn't know about that. My programmer asked if I wanted to record the whole series, but as Ray says it's Dispatches, then it will be a different subject next week.

I wonder whether the oil discharges round our coastline from Princess will be mentioned.

WOW, hope it wasn't like in the Dexter series.:eek:

The air pollution is bad but the dumping of sewer surprised me, as I have heard many an Environmental Officer on board X and Princess state that this does not happen. Perhaps it is an interpretation of what is sewer and what is not (treated sewer).

Edited by MicCanberra

I really wanted to throttle our intrepid undercover reporter - who did admit to having cruised before! But how did she manage to 'smuggle' all that equipment on board? Admittedly the infra red camera would look like an overly large camera, but the geiger type gizmo. Wouldn't the x-ray machines pick it up when she boarded?

Ok, I get some people hate cruises, but that's no excuse to constantly snipe away at it. I would have liked her to have gone back to the group of cruisers and asked them if they would continue to cruise. I suspect they all said Yes and that wouldn't have fit in with the programme.

I saw that. I suppose it could become an issue when ships are dumping their grey water in the same channels all the time? I kept thinking of MARPOL and its daily mention in the planners.... hey ho.

Wonder what sort of ships are going to be leaving from London City when that's up and running?

Just to add that in Queen Elizabeth's refit in 2014 scrubber technology was installed in line with the company’s commitment to minimising its environmental impact. This involved the installation of a new filtration system for the exhaust gas from the ship’s engines.

So it's good to know Cunard/Carnival have made improvements in this respect.

Just to add that in Queen Elizabeth's refit in 2014 scrubber technology was installed in line with the company’s commitment to minimising its environmental impact. This involved the installation of a new filtration system for the exhaust gas from the ship’s engines.

So it's good to know Cunard/Carnival have made improvements in this respect.

I suppose all the newer ships would have the latest technology in reducing waste and pollution.