Where to Propose on Voyager

Anyone have any good ideas for a nice, romantic spot on the ship to propose to my girlfriend? This is the second time around for both of us and we never thought this day would come. She is very much into the simple things in life, so I want to keep it quiet and romantic. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

I definately agree with above post....wait for formal night and then stroll to the front of the ship. You could say something like " I like being at the front of the ship because it looks forward to whats ahead....then say something like you want to spend the rest of your life looking forward with her...or something like that. My husband and I are sailing in Nov. to celebrate our 25th anniversary. This is my second marriage (his first) but you have to look ahead - not back. My very best wishes and Good Luck.

Wow, that was so much better than my " take a chance on me" or "I hope we don't bust" in the cassino. Great line

The front or bow of the ship get's windy at night. I know your looking for privacy but think about the main deck or one of the sky bars with the band helping out and a wonderfull view. Get the crew to help. I am not sure whom you could talk to? Little help here folks.

DH propsed to me on the Granduer. Back end of the top deck, behind the Spa. He tried to walk me to the front of trhe ship but being that it was night, it was way too windy. It was the first night after dinner. We were just walking/exploring the ship and when we got to the very back he popped the ring out. It was very romantic. So the next night at dinner we told our dinner mate and Mufasta (the best wiater on earth) supplied us with a cake to celebrate :)

I agree to do it on formal night under the stars, and if possible, only if you have a late seating, do it before dinner so you have something to talk about. Otherwise you will sit through dinner bottled up with anticipation and she will wonder why you aren't yourself...and that could turns moods sour.

On Voyager, i was just on it last week. I woud suggest deck 12 (above the pool) opposite of the sky bar, right where the "Voyager of The Seas" sign hangs. It's a nice place over looking the pool area, and all week when your in the pool she can look up at the sign with sentimants. The back is teh sports deck and not very romantic, and the front tip on deck 4/5 would be perfect, but they had been closing off access to it at night due to wind.

Anyone have any good ideas for a nice, romantic spot on the ship to propose to my girlfriend? This is the second time around for both of us and we never thought this day would come. She is very much into the simple things in life, so I want to keep it quiet and romantic. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

What a great post! The answer is simple... don't listen to anyone here... go with your heart!

You guys are great and have the best ideas. I have only cruised once a few years back and she has devoted her life to raising her four kids on her own. What a woman! I am so lucky! We knew each other well back in high school and met at our 30th reunion last August. We fell hard and fast and are truly blessed. When we cruise on July 29th, we will actually be on the cruise for our one year anniversary on the 7th, but that is the day we get off the ship, so I can't wait for that day. She hasn't had a vacation since she took her kids to Disney 15 years ago and we just can't wait for this. I want to make it magical for her. She deserves that and so much more.

Thank you everyone for all of your great tips! In the end I will always follow my gut, but it's nice to have a starting point.

Is your girlfriend expecting you to pop the question?

If not, I think it would be totally neat to catch her completely off guard when she least expects it. With the excitement of viewing and boarding the ship and everything else I would recommend this.

Before going to your cabin (which is usually the first thing people do) go to a bar and get both of you guys a drink. Go check out your cabin and perhaps when she needs to use the ladies room, slip the ring into her drink (make sure she has lots of oranges, cherries, lemons or lines in the glass). When the drink it almost finished she will discover something in her drink and you can take it from there.........

Again, I think the best thing to do is catch her off guard. If she expects you to propose she is more than likely thinking the first formal night.

Good luck and let us know the outcome if you want to share the details.

On my last cruise on Voyager, somebody proposed over dinner at Portofino's. Somebody else got together with the cruise director and rigged it where his girlfriend would win one of the raffles and they called her up to the stage to get her prize and out came the boyfriend to propose.

Is your girlfriend expecting you to pop the question?

If not, I think it would be totally neat to catch her completely off guard when she least expects it. With the excitement of viewing and boarding the ship and everything else I would recommend this.

Before going to your cabin (which is usually the first thing people do) go to a bar and get both of you guys a drink. Go check out your cabin and perhaps when she needs to use the ladies room, slip the ring into her drink (make sure she has lots of oranges, cherries, lemons or lines in the glass). When the drink it almost finished she will discover something in her drink and you can take it from there.........

Again, I think the best thing to do is catch her off guard. If she expects you to propose she is more than likely thinking the first formal night.

Good luck and let us know the outcome if you want to share the details.

I love this idea except for the risk of her swallowing it or something awful like that.:eek:

Perhaps one morning you can plan to have breakfast in bed and wake her with a proposal and mimosas to toast. It could start a great day and a great life.

On my last cruise on Voyager, somebody proposed over dinner at Portofino's. Somebody else got together with the cruise director and rigged it where his girlfriend would win one of the raffles and they called her up to the stage to get her prize and out came the boyfriend to propose.

I really like this one, getting the cruise director in on it! You'll be guaranteed a spot on the Cruise in Review video, and what a keepsake that would be!

I'd talk to the cruise director and see if the 2 of you can plot something.

Or if she's like me and really likes the quiet, romantic image. I also recommend Portofinos. Shoot for an early dining (around 7ish) and you will have an amazing sunset. When you make reservations, explain your intentions and they will give you a couple of ideas as to when during the meal to present the ring. They have some amazing desserts, nothing better than a diamond ring on top of chocolate mousse! They will also give you a complimentary bottle of champagne.

Congratulations, no matter where, how and when, it will always be something the 2 of you remember always!

We were on the MED., with 2 other couples. I had ordered a cake, I thought for his birthday and he knew. As we were sitting for dinner, he wispered something into my bother-in laws ear. He asked him to ask him what he wished for, for his birthday. WELL, the cake never arrived, but he asked him if a cake was here, what would you wish for. At that time he took out a ring and asked me to marry him. It was the second time for both of us, and was a total surprise. So go for it, and whatever you decide will be memorable I'm sure.

How about on formal night at one of the places where they do the pictures? Probably not the location where they pose you on the stairs, but maybe the one with the sunset in the background would be good. You can tell the photographer and then you could do the down on one knee thing and he will take the pictures. This way you will be able to remember the moment and share it with family when you get home.

These suggestions are all great. I was thinking of something private because she is a private person, but the more I think of it, the better it seems to get the cruise director or some other member of the staff involved, because we have such a great opportunity to create a special memory here.

BlueIce.. no she has no idea. This will be a total surprise.

I just wish we were more familiar with cruising. As I said, I only cruised once for 5 days up to Canada and she hasn't cruised or had any vacations for over 15 years. I think everything will be so new to us, and we really don't know what to expect.

I read these boards and it sounds like you guys are all professional cruisers. I am so envious and so glad you all share this information so willingly.

You don't realize how much you're helping here.

Thanks again!

I would select Portofino's at sunset. The ambiance there is perfect for this and I am sure once you let the Maitre'd in on your plans the entire Portofino's staff will go out of their way to make the event as special as it can be. If at all possible see if there are any strings musicians on the sailing and perhaps they can be there to add to the romance by serenading you as the night unfolds.

Best to you both!

My DH prosed to me on the Voyager. We ate dinner at Portifino's...very nice, quiet , and romantic dinner. I had no idea. This was not a formal night...which i would have been expecting it on a formal night. We had made a ritual of going to the very front of the ship after dinner every night. We ate at portifino's mid week. We went to the front...and we were all alone under the stars when he propsed. I thought it was very romantic.... good luck

I think it depends entirely on the personality of you and your soon-to-be fiance.

All of these ideas have been good.. but some are quiet, private and romantic, and some are public, sharing the joy, celebrations.

Only you know what is best suited for you and her. Perhaps you could take the first day or two (ha ha or as long as you can stand holding it in!) to surveil the ship, get a day under your belt to get a feel for the atmosphere in various places, then pick the place and time and make your plans. Sounds like fun, no matter what you decide to do!

Theron

Archived