Getaway Aft Balcony

pizzaman1343

I was in 12306 this past April...the aft facing balconies are HUGE! They easily fit two lounge chairs, two regular chairs, and a table and STILL have plenty of room. I would imagine deck 13 would have the same setup.

There is nothing like an aft facing balcony. I don't know if I'll be able to cruise any other way, now.

Enjoy!

I have cabin 13304 booked on Getaway which is an Aft Facing Balcony. Does anyone know if is considerably larger than the regular balconies?

Any chance you can change decks? The aft balconies on deck 13, while larger than regular balconies, are not "considerably" larger. Not to mention the noise from above at night. Aft balconies on 13 are some of the smaller afts on the Getaway.

Decks 9 and 12 are roughly the same depth so those would be the deepest. I think the order is (largest to smallest) 9, 12, 11, 10, 14, 13. I think I would also check to see if a lower deck is available. Bigger balcony and, as mentioned above, further away from the noise from Spice.

Have a look at the video on you tube (search for aft NCL)

They are big. I'll compare them to the mini-suite with large balconies.... those are huge but very exposed. I was in 8124 in May 2015. I will be in 9320 in 2 weeks do I can compare. I do believe many have stated that the higher you go, the smaller the size of the aft...... :eek:

I was in 12306 this past April...the aft facing balconies are HUGE! They easily fit two lounge chairs, two regular chairs, and a table and STILL have plenty of room. I would imagine deck 13 would have the same setup.

There is nothing like an aft facing balcony. I don't know if I'll be able to cruise any other way, now.

Enjoy!

I'm with you on that!

DSC01739.jpg

If you're booking a Large aft balcony on BA or GA, be aware that on each deck there is ONE B1 that is a bit "thinner" than the others. These are the B1s that are immediately to port of the HC B1 on each deck. For instance on deck 9 it's cabin 9322. If you examine pics of the aft part of the ship you can see that 9322 (and those vertically above it) are 2 "rail panels" wide while the other B1s are 2-1/2 "rail panels" wide. (You can even sort of see this on the deck plans if you look carefully.) Due to the curve of the rear railing 9322 (and the others above it) are probably deeper than other B1s on the same deck, but I'm pretty sure they're still considerably smaller (like 15+ percent smaller) than other B1s on the same deck.

I don't know how to compare the size of, say, 9322 with one of the 2-1/2 panels wide B1s on a different deck. But if you have a choice on a particular deck, I'd avoid the ones I've pointed out.

Edit to add: Compare this video:

(around 1:50 or so) with the other one posted upthread and you'll see what I mean. As far as I know the actual cabins are the same size (but if they're not, guess which one is smaller). To complicate your search further there's also the issue of "bed by balcony" vs. "bed by closet" to consider. And to add difficulty to THAT question it's clear (when you compare these videos with what you can see from the "bumps" on NCL deck plans for GA/BA) that what you see on the website may or not be accurate (on the question of bed location). Edited by Cruise4Real

If you're booking a Large aft balcony on BA or GA, be aware that on each deck there is ONE B1 that is a bit "thinner" than the others. These are the B1s that are immediately to port of the HC B1 on each deck. For instance on deck 9 it's cabin 9322. If you examine pics of the aft part of the ship you can see that 9322 (and those vertically above it) are 2 "rail panels" wide while the other B1s are 2-1/2 "rail panels" wide. (You can even sort of see this on the deck plans if you look carefully.) Due to the curve of the rear railing 9322 (and the others above it) are probably deeper than other B1s on the same deck, but I'm pretty sure they're still considerably smaller (like 15+ percent smaller) than other B1s on the same deck.

I don't know how to compare the size of, say, 9322 with one of the 2-1/2 panels wide B1s on a different deck. But if you have a choice on a particular deck, I'd avoid the ones I've pointed out.

Edit to add: Compare this video:

(around 1:50 or so) with the other one posted upthread and you'll see what I mean. As far as I know the actual cabins are the same size (but if they're not, guess which one is smaller). To complicate your search further there's also the issue of "bed by balcony" vs. "bed by closet" to consider. And to add difficulty to THAT question it's clear (when you compare these videos with what you can see from the "bumps" on NCL deck plans for GA/BA) that what you see on the website may or not be accurate (on the question of bed location).

Here is a link to the famous Breakaway spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10YW7fMQarer30UCHKqKJ_zLDmbyMTczCTtYf2XRflh8/pub?single=true&gid=0&output=html

If you click on the "X" at the end of the B1 line and go to slide 10 (picture of the aft-Getaway will be identical), you can see what Cruise4Real is referring to. Compare the size of the cabin (A) to the left of the handicap cabin (B) on deck 9 to the one that is on the left of A. Definitely smaller. Never noticed that before.

Have a look at the video on you tube (search for aft NCL)

They are big. I'll compare them to the mini-suite with large balconies.... those are huge but very exposed. I was in 8124 in May 2015. I will be in 9320 in 2 weeks do I can compare. I do believe many have stated that the higher you go, the smaller the size of the aft...... :eek:

Would you mind sharing some photos when you get back of 9320? We have that room booked a few weeks after you do. Thanks!