Sanona Island tour...

Ocean Spirit

Carnival Saona Island tour

I posted in ports of call but didn't get any response. Has anyone taken Carnival's Saona Island tour?

I am looking for information concerning getting in and out of the boats.

Can anyone give me some information about this tour: I'd love to go to the natural pool but need some idea of how difficult it is getting in and out of the boat. Carnival's sight give no information. Thanks for any help

we would highly recommend the Seavis Tours excursion on your own over the Carnival option. Just a great day and excellent outfit. Easy taxi to Bayahibe and easy entry into the boats. There are several threads unthe DR forum, here's one.

You have more time with Seavis.

Contact Seavis Tours, they take care if you and the excursion is great. We're returning for a longer visit and will take two more of their tours.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1880181

Edited by blue_water

I've been on this tour with Seavis. Best excursion I have every taken.

I was concerned about getting in and out of the boat. Getting on and off was easy if you can walk on and off. If you get off the boat to see the starfish there was a couple of feet drop to the ocean floor. The tour guides were very helpful. If you have specific questions I can try to answer.

We went to Saona Island with Pro Excursions (look them up on Tripadvisor) and went to a different part of the island than the crowded Carnival excursion or Seavis excursion.

It was just a perfect excursion on a perfect day.

I also HIGHLY recommend Seavis Tours! They were wonderful during our day in LaRomana. The boats are not too difficult to climb in/out, but wouldn't recommend if you have back/knee problems. The guide helped us in and out of the boat. On another note, the beach on Isla Seona was beautiful. ;)

We had a friend who had just had shoulder surgery and she was fine all day. I saved her a seat in the back so she could be more comfortable. The only place it can be a little harder is at the natural pool but really jot thst bad and the guides are very helpful and patient, no worries!

Great day, pro excursion is also rated well but we loved Seavis!

We went to Saona Island with Pro Excursions (look them up on Tripadvisor) and went to a different part of the island than the crowded Carnival excursion or Seavis excursion..

the Seavis beach is gorgeous and not crowded at all, we're the only ones there! Carnival is away from the Seavis area and more crowded. They also mss the natural pool sometimes because of the time it takes to get to Saona from La Romana.