Aft balcony Cabins?

PattyW

I've always heard it's best to be mid-ship for less rockiness. However, the view off of an aft balcony appeals to me. I don't mind the walking part, so could I get some opinions on booking an aft room? We'll have children of napping age with us, so it's essential I can spend several hours a day on our balcony. Is it windy, really rocky, noisy? I want to be fully informed when we book. Thanks for the advice.

Patty,

If you book a higher deck, 9 or 10 there will be less noise from the wake and you will not get any seaspray. It is not windy........not rocky. Love the aft.

Be careful of the doors with your children. They can close quite suddenly (almost had my finger cut off:eek: ) They do lock by the handle, just push it up as far as it will go. You can do this when you are outside, just leave a little space for you to get through. Of course don`t leave your children on the bal. alone.

Enjoy,

We were on the Dawn last week and had an aft cabin (balcony). We were on deck 9 and did not hear anything below us or above us (except when the people above us decided to drop what seemed like the boat anchor one day)

Although the balconies were pretty small we still enjoyed it. We felt very little rocking and seeing how we had great weather we did not get much wind thst mattered. We even slept with the door opn most nights to hear the sound of the ocean.

NCL Dawn 9/05

We've stayed in the deck 10 aft Penthouse suite on the Dawn twice. LOVED IT! You will hear the churning water from the wake. But, it's very relaxing. The deck 10 suites have HUGE balconies. We even had the butler and stewards take our table and chairs out there. Our butler served us dinner one night out there and we had room to spare.

I'm booked on the Sun out of Miami the first week in April. I'm in aft cabin 0265, an AC suite and I have my son, daughter-in-law and grand kids in the BA nextdoor, #0266. The rooms connect, and I'd like to know if the balcony dividers can be opened by the stewards? If anyone out there has pics of these cabins, they would greatly be appreciated as well. ;)

All of your reviews of aft cabins have me convinced that the view is great. But I just looked at the Jewel deck plans - the aft minisuits (deck 11) are immediately underneath the sports court. Has anyone ever had a cabin under the sports court? I think it closes at night so I'm not that concerned about my sleep, but I have visions of "thunk, thunk, thunk" all during my kids' naps.

This link will take you to deck plans of any of NCL's ships in Acrobat format which allows you to enlarge the plans but keeping them in proportion and you can see what will be above or below you. Just click on the link then select the ship you are interested in then scroll down the page and click on the deck plans.

http://eu.ncl.com/ncl-eu/index_fleet.html

• 2 weeks later...

Archived