getting to Little Beach on Maui

BearlyRob

It's about 1 1/2 hours away...so a rental car would be your best bet. Nudity isn't legal, but no one really enforces it. You have to climb over rocks to get to it....

If you google it, you can find the exact directions for driving yourself!!

It's about 1 1/2 hours away...so a rental car would be your best bet. Nudity isn't legal, but no one really enforces it. You have to climb over rocks to get to it....

Awesome, thanks! That is a bit far, but definitely might be worth checking out!

You didn't say where your ship is arriving in Maui and by checking Google maps here are the distances to Makena Beach and estimated cab prices from the airport.

http://hawaii.gov/ogg/ground-transportation/taxi-cabs

Kahului: 20 miles; 39 minutes; $65

Lahaina: 30 miles; 51 minutes; $78

Maui public transportation options are limited & here's a website to info:

http://www.mauicounty.gov/index.aspx?NID=605

Renting a car would be your most efficient & cost-effective option and with the airport's car rental facilities I've read that most will pick you up in a shuttle bus. I've never gone to Little Beach (prefer to wear clothing ;)) but there is a dirt trail from the north end of Big Beach (Oneloa) over the lower section of Pu'u Olai'i that I've read is the access to Little Beach.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Google Maps shows it takes less than half that time...39 minutes & 20 miles from Kahului Harbor to Makena Beach...and based on my experience that's accurate & a rental car would be best.

Thanks AstroFlyer for presenting all the info, like the fact there are two possible ports on Maui, not just a glib, quick statement. Makes me wonder about some people's knowledge of a particular area.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Thanks AstroFlyer for presenting all the info, like the fact there are two possible ports on Maui, not just a glib, quick statement. Makes me wonder about some people's knowledge of a particular area.

Mahalo...living in Maui & enjoying cruises I'm happy to share my experiences that may be helpful to someone however I never tell anyone what they need to do.

I don't get much useful info from glib posts which only state someone's opinions about things as if it's the only correct answer. I've read posts stating that the RTH & Haleakala are a waste of time without much substantive reasoning. However that's merely an opinion and others will feel differently. Accumulating a lot of glib posts is not my goal & basing things on memory can be a slippery slope as we get older. ;)

I'm coming into Lahaina on the Ruby Princess on Friday, April 1. I'll check on the distance, etc. Any locals want to pick me up and take me to the beach? :)

AstroFlyer gave you the distance in post #4. The typical scenario is it might take you a little over an hour to make the drive, based on our 15+ visits to Maui, all on the Lahaina side.