St Davids fun bus tour

renjrusa

Has anyone taken St Davids fun bus tour? Its says only 10$ and 45 minutes. Are you able to hop on and off and visit shops and beaches. I am going to take the ferry to St georges and then this tour..

I guess it's new. Hopefully one of the super smart regular posters will chime in. I've been going to Bermuda for over 40 years and my impression (could have changed) is that the St David's area wasn't much for tourism and it was an area of the island where tourists really didn't go. What I had heard (again, could be wrong) is that St. David-ers were very private people.) I'd be surprised if there were many shops there - like branches of Vera Card or Cooper's or anything.

I haven't done the tour so I don't know how accurate this is but I asked a friend of mine who does know about the Fun Bus tour and this is the info he gave me:

Mon, Wed, Thur Fun Bus leave Pennos Wharf, where the ferry arrives in St.Georges. It leaves at half past the hour commencing at 10.30 am. It picks up from Gombeys Beach bar on the hour, the last pick up being 4. pm in order to get back to St. Georges in plenty of time for the 5.30 pm ferry back to Dockyard.

On Tues and Thur because it is a short day for cruise visitors it picks up at Pennos Wharf on the hour and pick up at Gombeys half past the hour getting you back safety for the 2.15 ferry.

The Fun bus will stop at Carter House (Bermudas oldest House) and St.David's Light House which is used as the finish line for the Newport Bermuda Race. If you get off at either of these stops you will have to wait an hour until the bus comes round again. Not too much of problem. The main focus is Clearwater Beach , one of Bermuda's best, with adjoining Turtle Bay and Coopers Island Nature Reserve. At Gombeys Beach Bar Marlon Laws will look after you. On production of your $10 round trip bus ticket you will get two for one rum swizzles and they are good. It's great to have all that matters at a wonderful beach - lovely clear blue ocean, soft cool sand and rum swizzle. You can even rent umbrellas and beach equipment. You can also buy lunch there with a varied short order menu.

If someone wants to stay on the bus and just see the sights it will take around 45 minutes. And don't rush your rum swizzle to get back - you an take it on the bus.